Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:33 PM   #1

Ok, try a little something different again....not your usual macros, but still using macro filters to achieve this. Used milk (my son's milk powder....don't worry, 1 scoop only) and drip onto the base of a baking tin.......REALLY MESSY, splatter everywhere and messed up the kitchen! Anyway here are a few ok ones after 220 shots.....

FZ10+6T, F8, 1/2000s, Ext Flash, ISO 100 (set by mistake again), with lamp stand as light source

The colours are different as I played around with levels and curves, and colour balance to achieve different feel

#1: BIG Splash

#2:Splash 2

#3: The MOON.....the drop is as what you see....no PS.

#4: Drop and splash....OK, this is a COLLAGE shot. The drop is copied from #3 and pasted here to get the overall pic. The splash is from another shot. So I merge the 2.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 26, 2005, 12:45 PM   #2

Great job, I like these photos Tchuanye, very interesting idea, all very creamy.
dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2005, 8:57 PM   #3

Thanks Dian!
Old Sep 26, 2005, 11:57 PM   #4

Creamy crown! Worth the mess. Very nice photographs. You can send the last one for the DPOD contest - it gives a other-worldly feel like a milky ocean opening up to gobble up the moon.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:30 AM   #5

Great, Tchuanye

I was going to try that myself with my experiment on various liquids splashes after that of reflections in drops.

By the way did you protect your 6T lens from milk splashes (I think that small drops can reach it at 30cm of distance from the splash) ?

You mention both external flash and stand light illuminator: I suppose you were shooting with no flash at 1/2000...

Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 7:57 AM   #6

Thanks Raghu!

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Great, Tchuanye

I was going to try that myself with my experiment on various liquids splashes after that of reflections in drops.

By the way did you protect your 6T lens from milk splashes (I think that small drops can reach it at 30cm of distance from the splash) ?

You mention both external flash and stand light illuminator: I suppose you were shooting with no flash at 1/2000...

Narmer
Yes, in fact, my first few splashes affected my 6T. So spent some time cleaning it off. I than swap my UV filter infront of the 6T to take the 'heat'.....had to clean it too after the end of the shoot. I had drops of milk on my tripod, on the lamp, around my sink etc....so good thing I put a plastic bag over my camera, with a hole for the lens.

I used ext flash, if not it would be too dark. M mode, F8 for greatest DOF, 1/2000s for fastest capture. Switch to P mode focus to pre-focus on a piece of paper that I put on the baking tin, and than switch to MF. The lamp is just a normal house standing lamp....I am not sure if it is required or not....just use it to provide some ambient lighting....but the main lighting is from the flash