Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:05 AM   #1

This is first time here for me.. I have been real interested in getting this camera and am new at this so ......

I am looking to get this at "Beach Camera" which I've heard "Reseller Ratings.com" and others refer to as a good place.... Should I just consider getting the camera with the basics and then proceed elseware in regards to Upgrading the Memory Card, ( all I'm seeing is Dane"). Newegg has a 60x HS card "Kingmax" for under $30.00 and I was considering on getting two of them just in case.. vrs. a 1gig.. I would also like to get a case for it....

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks Very Much!!
markstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2005, 8:02 AM   #2

I would do as you suggest get the camera at Beach Camera and get the cards ae Newegg.

And while you feel a 512mb card is plenty I would get at least 1gb cards or at least a couple 512's

The Kingsmax is a good card and the Dane Electric card I have is junk.

I have cards from 7 different Mfg. and the Dane Electric is the only card I do not like.

The brand name is not real important in my opinion, just get at least a 60X card.

I would also look for a bag at Walmart or some place you can try themfor size unless you know which one you want.

I also would get a battery or two, and while the FZ30 battery does not seem to be available yet, the FZ20 battery works in the camera.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:31 AM   #3

Hi

Also looking to get a FZ30, and also looking to get some more larger cards. Any card makes more recommended than others. At the moment in my FZ20 I use a Sandisk Ultra II 512 and anIntegral High speed 512.The Ultra II is noticeably quicker in burst mode.Are there other makes that are as good as Sandisk? Their Extreme IIIs are quite expensive.

Thanks

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 12:49 PM   #4

I have had bad luck with Sandisk for years and personally think most anything is as good if not better.

I have and use these cards and have no problem recommending them

Lexar,Ridata,Transcend,Simpletech,Kingsmax,Panason ic and PQI

I also have a Corsair which I have no trouble but I heard of several people saying it did not work with the FZ5.

I am probably going to try the 2gbA-data that Newegg has because I want a couple 2 gb cards.

One thing I did not mention before and is IMHO a necessity is a card reader

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:15 PM   #5

Thanks

Now the trick is to find them in my country :roll:

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote