Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 28, 2005, 5:20 PM   #11

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
MulderM wrote:
Quote:
I'm also curious why you sold the FZ30 and replaced it back for the FZ20.

I have a 10 and a 30. I am struggling to get the same performance from the 30 that I loveabout the 10.

Here are my current settings: W/B adjusted 5 clicks towards red / warm. Exposure bias = -1/3. Noise =Std. Sharpness=high. Aperture priority, MF focus switch on. MF assist =off. Aspect ratio = 3:2 [35mm format] picture size=7mp.
I think all it will take is practice. My 30 has been a positive experience right out of the box. I especially love all the preset scene settings.

KennethD
If I had to runthe FZ30out-of-the box, the box would go bye-bye. My picture quality standards are very high.
I could not take the grief anymore and called Panasonic. They said it should not be necessary to push the W/B 5 positions towards red to get a balanced color rendition.

I sent the Camera back to Vann's for a replacement.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:48 PM   #12

I will await your replacement and further posting on the FZ30. Your posts and opinions on this camera is what I would consider an authority on how good or not so good this camera is. I am glad I still have my FZ10 and FZ1v2. May consider the FZ5 instead as I consider what fmoore posted made a strong case for it being a good purchase.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:59 AM   #13

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here are my current settings: W/B adjusted 5 clicks towards red / warm. Exposure bias = -1/3. Noise =Std. Sharpness=high. Aperture priority, MF focus switch on. MF assist =off. Aspect ratio = 3:2 [35mm format] picture size=7mp.
I think all it will take is practice. My 30 has been a positive experience right out of the box. I especially love all the preset scene settings.

KennethD
If I had to runthe FZ30out-of-the box, the box would go bye-bye. My picture quality standards are very high.
I could not take the grief anymore and called Panasonic. They said it should not be necessary to push the W/B 5 positions towards red to get a balanced color rendition.

I sent the Camera back to Vann's for a replacement.
There is no guarantee everyone will be pleased with every purchase they make. If I were that unhappy with not just the 30, but A N Y product the way you are with your 30, I wouldn't waste a second of my time complaining...it would be back in the store, my refund would be in my pocket and I'd have something more suited to my tastes in a package going home with me. No one should go unhappy with all there is out there in the way of digital cameras today. Good luck and let us know what you buy next and how you like it! (or if you get a suitable replacement...can't wait to find out!) Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote