Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:04 PM   #1

Had the 20,sold it, bought the 30 returned it. Now I'm back to the 20. I had the phayee adapter with the 20,I liked it,it kept the filter close to the lens.Is there any new adapters out there that may be better than the Phayee?
gellis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:14 AM   #2

Try here.............

http://www.pemaraal.com

Nice people.......great product!
Paladin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 2:53 AM   #3

gellis1 wrote:
Quote:
Had the 20,sold it, bought the 30 returned it. Now I'm back to the 20. I had the phayee adapter with the 20,I liked it,it kept the filter close to the lens.Is there any new adapters out there that may be better than the Phayee?
Search eBay for "JKC CRing"
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 8:14 AM   #4

If you don't mind my asking - why did you return the FZ30? Most of what I've read about it has been positive.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:14 PM   #5

I'm also curious why you sold the FZ30 and replaced it back for the FZ20.

MulderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:42 PM   #6

Well I'm no expert,I usually shoot in P mode.I really liked the way the 30 handled but senery shots looked blah,no vividness.I didn't like the way the sky looked,it didn't look real.Parts of the pics were underexposed and other parts overexposed.Pics didn't look sharp and detailed. Maybe a lot of it was me.Closeups were fine.I tried different settings it didn't help.I don't know but pics from the 20 look like they have more life to them.It seems to handle exposer better. For me anyway.I was sorry to see the 30 go back because I liked everything else about.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:24 PM   #7

MulderM wrote:
Quote:

I have a 10 and a 30. I am struggling to get the same performance from the 30 that I loveabout the 10.

Here are my current settings: W/B adjusted 5 clicks towards red / warm. Exposure bias = -1/3. Noise =Std. Sharpness=high. Aperture priority, MF focus switch on. MF assist =off. Aspect ratio = 3:2 [35mm format] picture size=7mp.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:31 PM   #8

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
MulderM wrote:
Quote:

I have a 10 and a 30. I am struggling to get the same performance from the 30 that I loveabout the 10.

Here are my current settings: W/B adjusted 5 clicks towards red / warm. Exposure bias = -1/3. Noise =Std. Sharpness=high. Aperture priority, MF focus switch on. MF assist =off. Aspect ratio = 3:2 [35mm format] picture size=7mp.
I think all it will take is practice. My 30 has been a positive experience right out of the box. I especially love all the preset scene settings.

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:39 PM   #9

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
MulderM wrote:
Quote:

I think all it will take is practice. My 30 has been a positive experience right out of the box. I especially love all the preset scene settings.

KennethD
If I had to runthe FZ30out-of-the box, the box would go bye-bye. My picture quality standards are very high.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:44 PM   #10

What I had trouble with, was taking a picture of a barn with the sky in the frame you would see an unnatual look of the sky so if you focus on the sky it would turn a nice blue but then the barn would be under exposed.If I tried to focus somewhere in between I got one or the other exposed correctly.The 20 didn't do that to me.That is just one example.A field of wild fowers, they looked dead,no vibrance,no vavoooommm.just sorta blah.Trees looked soft with no edge.