Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 29, 2005, 11:28 AM   #11

I have sold all of my FZ series cameras, and I liked every one of them, in order to get the most recent model. This time the upgrade to the FZ30 only cost $150 bucks. First off I like the 55mm lens thread as it eliminates fooling around with adapters and the like. Watch out tho if you put another lens on, my W/A Olympus was close to touching the camera lens. I used a spacer and so far have liked the results. The 8meg size gives a lot more elbow room for cropping. 55mm is also a better size for filters.

Until I can try out the digital zoom, I am not about to buy ANY more telephoto lenses. You can go ahead and have a good yeh haw if you want but I often look back on my OLympus C-2100UZ at only 2.1 megs and it took great photos. I do not expect that kind of preformance form the FZ30....but will try anyway?

Something to think about is: maybe the FZ30 has all the zoom you will ever need? I am happy with it.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 4:43 PM   #12

normc wrote:
Quote:
Until I can try out the digital zoom, I am not about to buy ANY more telephoto lenses. You can go ahead and have a good yeh haw if you want but I often look back on my OLympus C-2100UZ at only 2.1 megs and it took great photos. I do not expect that kind of preformance form the FZ30....but will try anyway?

Something to think about is: maybe the FZ30 has all the zoom you will ever need? I am happy with it.
Add on lenses are a headache from my experience. The one I had for my 7i wasn't really worth the price I paid, because once it was fixed on, there was no other option but to shoot at high zoom until you took it off. So very limited as far as being useful. Also vastly changed the balance and symmetry of the camera, made it awkward to handle. If I had all my wishes come true for a digital camera with whats just come out, I'd have the 10 MP Sony, cleanest CCD available, A N D the 30's big zoom. But, like you I'm happy with the 30, and glad to have it. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote