Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:25 AM   #11

all wonderful shots, Hiroshi, but i think #7 is my favorite... makes me want to take a trip down that way to see it for myself!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:31 AM   #12

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
boyzo wrote:
Quote:
H. I only see 2 pics but beautiful they are.

I know of Lake Tahoe but never had time to get there when I was in North Bay last year
but it is from all accounts beautiful.
High Sierras to is wonderful.

John
Give it a little time John. I'm still using 56K (yes I'm ancient), so it takes me a while to load these pics up.

If you come back to California, I encourage you to visit Tahoe, It's breathtaking. E-mail me and I'll try to help you with restaurants, etc.

Hiroshi
Thanks Hiroshi

I must say you captured the scenes beautifully by exposing for the highlights the shadows are very rich but the effect of the sunlight on the key parts of the scene is quite beautiful.

2 things the scene(s) and skill on the part of the Photographer

CA from what I saw is quite beautiful .... if anyone has read John Steinbeck's novel "The Grapes of Wroth" will understand.

Beautiful shots H.

John

ps perhaps you should set up a net gallery your work is excellent

Flickr
Smugmug

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 1:15 AM   #13

Very nice Hiroshi. Lake Tahoe and the surrounding California countryside is very beautiful although Nevada would probably claim some of it. Is that a small castle on the island in # 3?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:07 AM   #14

tcook wrote:
Quote:
Very nice Hiroshi. Lake Tahoe and the surrounding California countryside is very beautiful although Nevada would probably claim some of it. Is that a small castle on the island in # 3?
I don't know if that was a guardhouse or a place of solitude. the main castle on the shore is called VIKINGSHOLM, built by Laura Josephine Wright in 1929. I was not in the right place to take photos of it. I understand that there are periodical tours available of the castle. Here is a closer view of the "guardhouse", taken with the TCON 14B attached. BTW Emerald Bay is on the south "Nevada" side.

Thank you all,for your nice comments.

Hiroshi

P.S. Thanks John for the wonderful compliment and suggestion, I'll checkit out.Regarding the shadows, the photos were taken between 3 and 4pm on purpose to take advantage of the lighting.
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:37 AM   #15

I love Lake Tahoe! It is beautiful. But lakefront property runs in the millions. You could live close to the lake. I saw my first (and only) bear. It scared the bejesus out of me! It is one of the most beautiful places on this earth. It is a glacial lake. I believe that means a glacier melted to make the lake. But it looks like Caribbean waters. As photographers you all must go. It is a great photo op. BTW, great pics Hiroshi!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:39 AM   #16

Outstanding! And, as usual, I am green with envy at others' opportunities to visit such amazing locations.
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:47 AM   #17

Very Nice pictures of a pretty place.

But I am not sure about it being one of the prettiest places on earth or even California.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:20 PM   #18

genece wrote:
Quote:
Very Nice pictures of a pretty place.

But I am not sure about it being one of the prettiest places on earth or even California.
Your comment leads me to believe that you've been to better places. If youtook photos, I and others on the forum would love to see such beautiful scenery, so please post them.

Thanks,

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 1:54 PM   #19

Do not get me wrong I appreciated you photos as much as anyone.

Its the most beautiful comment that I differ with I have been to Tahoe twice and if time permits I will be there again.

But IMHO here is a spot in California that is prettier and it still pales to some spots in the rockies.

Here is a link to some other pretty places but my skills do not do them justice

http://imageevent.com/grc6/toshareonnet

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:16 PM   #20

pics 1-2 and 5 especially are very beautiful! What a great place! I am a bit ignorant on US geography and landscape beyound the obvious places and thus surprised that California would have such beautiful location with so much pine/spruce etc. I had thought all of California was just desert like and dry...

I do disagree with genece on which location look smore beautiful looking just on the photos here. His place is just a rock but Tahoe has water, trees and blue sky!

Thanks for sharing!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote