Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:22 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Hiroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,749
Default

genece wrote:
Quote:
Do not get me wrong I appreciated you photos as much as anyone.

Its the most beautiful comment that I differ with I have been to Tahoe twice and if time permits I will be there again.

But IMHO here is a spot in California that is prettier and it still pales to some spots in the rockies.
Very spectacular photo indeed and thanks for the link. With 56k modem, it's going to take me a while to look at your volumes of photos.

Just to clarify the matter; I did not say "the most beautiful". I said "one of the most beautiful", which acknowledges that there are others, and there certainly are, all around the globe.

Hiroshi

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:38 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Hiroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,749
Default

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
pics 1-2 and 5 especially are very beautiful! What a great place! I am a bit ignorant on US geography and landscape beyound the obvious places and thus surprised that California would have such beautiful location with so much pine/spruce etc. I had thought all of California was just desert like and dry...

I do disagree with genece on which location look smore beautiful looking just on the photos here. His place is just a rock but Tahoe has water, trees and blue sky!

Thanks for sharing!
There is a reason why 35 million people live in California. #1. The central valley which produces most of the produce for the nation. #2 A large amount of the fruit consumed in the U.S.comes fromCalifornia.#3The wine country which rivals the best wine growing regions in France, Italy and Germany. #4 The fantastic mild climate year around throughout most of California. #5 The giant redwood forests which are spectacular. #6 The beautiful coastline and beaches. #7 The majestic Sierras, etc, etc. etc. I hope this gives you a little insight as to why I live here.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2005, 3:19 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

And you did not even mention the northern coast. One of my favorites.


genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 12:58 AM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4
Default

Hiroshi ~ Beautiful shots of one of my favorite spots! As a native Californian, I miss the beauty, but not the 35 million people!

Forgive me for mentioning it, but if I'm not mistaken, Emerald Bay is on the lower SouthWEST shore of the lake, well within the border of CA! My first wife's family had a nice summer home directly east of there in Zephyr Cove/Cave Rock area on the Nevada shore. Many happy memories of the lake!

I remember being freaked-out in the early 70's water skiing at Tahoe and seeing the boulders flash by underneath me... thought I was about to hit them, only to find out that, as mentioned, they were submerged in about 50 feet of crystal clear water.
n741dm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 2:00 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Hiroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,749
Default

n741dm wrote:
Quote:
Hiroshi ~ Beautiful shots of one of my favorite spots! As a native Californian, I miss the beauty, but not the 35 million people!

Forgive me for mentioning it, but if I'm not mistaken, Emerald Bay is on the lower SouthWEST shore of the lake, well within the border of CA! My first wife's family had a nice summer home directly east of there in Zephyr Cove/Cave Rock area on the Nevada shore. Many happy memories of the lake!

I remember being freaked-out in the early 70's water skiing at Tahoe and seeing the boulders flash by underneath me... thought I was about to hit them, only to find out that, as mentioned, they were submerged in about 50 feet of crystal clear water.
Thanks for the compliment and correction. You are absolutely right, it is on the California side. I had a brain lapse...I was thinking of Crystal bay when I said that, which is on the other side of the lake on the Nevada side.

The water is still clear, but not as clear as it was 30-40 years ago. Too much building around the lake is the cause.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:37 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 2,974
Default

genece offered his opinion beyond the comments of some excellent pictures of a very beautiful place.

It is just a matter again of opinion what happens to be most beautiful and it should have been best that the opinion be left out of being part of the comments.

This only starts things that not need be part of any forum or this thread.

On merit of the photos taken I will say that it upholds one's opinion that it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Hiroshi all your California pictures are great and it brings back memories which to me are most beautiful. I have grown up not too far from those areas and it is still breathtaking to be there to this day.

Mahalo for sharing,

Tom
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 5:58 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Hiroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,749
Default

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
genece offered his opinion beyond the comments of some excellent pictures of a very beautiful place.

It is just a matter again of opinion what happens to be most beautiful and it should have been best that the opinion be left out of being part of the comments.

This only starts things that not need be part of any forum or this thread.

On merit of the photos taken I will say that it upholds one's opinion that it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.

Hiroshi all your California pictures are great and it brings back memories which to me are most beautiful. I have grown up not too far from those areas and it is still breathtaking to be there to this day.

Mahalo for sharing,

Tom
Thanks Tom, I appreciate the comments and I'm glad it brings back memories.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 9:50 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
jazzmaster221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 538
Default

i've got to give you 2 thumbs up for those shots...the clarity is like i'm really there... on a clear day you can see forever and ever..well done
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:50 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
bentleysmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 594
Default

Hi Hiroshi, I haven't had much chance to be on the computer lately....illness in the family and then a sons wedding.....but I just wanted to tell you how outstanding theses pictures were. It is a beautiful place !!! Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:01 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Hiroshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,749
Default

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Hi Hiroshi, I haven't had much chance to be on the computer lately....illness in the family and then a sons wedding.....but I just wanted to tell you how outstanding theses pictures were. It is a beautiful place !!! Thanks for sharing. bentleysmom
Harriet, Hope everything is OK with the illness.....and congratulations on your sons wedding.Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the photos of Tahoe.

Jazzmaster, thanks for the 2TU.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 AM.