Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:21 PM   #11

Hey, nice to know ur back! I laughed to read your comments. It makes me feel vinidicated knowing I shied away from the dslr, but like you I'd still find a use for one and will when my budget expands. There's no beating the all round usefulness of the prosumers. Hope to see some more of your wonderful work. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 7:28 PM   #12

thekman, I just want to tell that I really like theshot that you did in sepia. Interesting story that you have shared with everyone about your dslr experience. After getting an fz5, my husband suprised me with a Nikon D50.......of course I wasn't going to take it back, he was so excited with the gift to me......your experience issimular tomine with the dslr...there is a time to use it,you areright..... I can't afford the really good lenes at the moment........but for pure fun with a great lens my little fz5 fits the bill.......And on top of all that , thecomarderie on this forum is super! I'm looking forward to your posting more pictures. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 6:47 AM   #13

Tman

Welcome back mate ! Love the shot and in sepia it does work. I've been thinking much along the same lines as what you've done - have DSLr witha a really nice fast prime lens for low light and indoor shooting, but for everything else have an FZ.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the cams.

Cheers

HarjTT

:-) :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:13 AM   #14

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Tman

Welcome back mate ! Love the shot and in sepia it does work. I've been thinking much along the same lines as what you've done - have DSLr witha a really nice fast prime lens for low light and indoor shooting, but for everything else have an FZ.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the cams.

Cheers

HarjTT

:-) :?

Hi Harj. Yes, think twice about going for a dslr. The plusses are good, but some of the negatives are worth thinking about. It's all about the glass in the dslr's. Fast long lenses are going to cost big $$$$'s and break not only your bank account, but your back as well. I'm going to use some better short lenses with it and leave the long stuff for the fz. My current long lens just doesn't cut it as far as I'm concerned. My FZ is much sharper (and lighter). Cheers...........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 2:40 PM   #15

Hey there kman620,

Good to see you back. I too enjoy the Pentax *ist DS. There are shots that I can take with it that my FZ's can't get close to. Understanding that is why I got the DSLR. This does not mean that the FZ is not a good camera for what it can do.

It is about the glass and it is no doubt that the FZ does well there. I kept my herd of cameras and still use them for different reasons.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 3:43 PM   #16

welcome back, Thekman! i agree, the FZ's are simply too good to discard, even if you DO got a 2-piece custom-made pool cue... oops! sorry, got the Jim Croce thing mixed up in there... anyway, having a DSLR is great, if you can swing it, but if it were me, i'd sure keep my FZ20 for those times when i didn't want to luga bagful of lenses around. glad you're FZ15 is working well for you, and hope to see more of your posts!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:44 PM   #17

thek...great great shot :G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:11 AM   #18

Thanks vIZnquest, squirl, willow and the others I haven't mentioned. Nice to be back on this friendly forum (now if we could only find Nick..). Look forward to seeing all of your posts too. Like those leaf shots you've been posting squirl. Very creative. Cheers........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote