Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 7, 2005, 11:00 AM   #1

Vann's hasthe fz4for$249.77 w/ free shipping. (Put it in the shopping cart to see the price.) That's $100 less than the current bestbuy on the fz5. That's a significant savings.
FZ4 review at http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FZ4/FZ4A.HTM says "I was very surprised and pleased with how fast the FZ4 was: It has some of the fastest full-autofocus shutter lag numbers I've yet seen in a consumer digicam (quite a bit better than the already impressive figures from the FZ5), and the shot to shot cycle times were flat-out amazing. (Only just over a half second from shot to shot in large/fine single-shot mode.)"
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

good price! the review indicated a bit more problem with noise and CA, but if you can live with those, and want a fast, responsive camera, this would be a great deal
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 5:08 PM   #3

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
good price! the review indicated a bit more problem with noise and CA, but if you can live with those, and want a fast, responsive camera, this would be a great deal
I don't understand the list of cons on the fz4 vs the fz5.They havethe same sensor (1/2.5")so one would expect less noise rather than more particularly since the fz4 goes down to iso64 (vs iso80 on the fz5). Where is the CA and soft corners coming from? The lens may be different: fz4 is 35-420; fz5 is 36-432. But why would they use different lens? They both have the tele-macro feature among other similarities so I would think the lens systems were the same. They both use the same manual.

The fz15 proved to be very close to the fz20 with a littleless noise. I would expect the same with the fz4 vs the fz5. Maybe we'll get some buyers and tryers with a price like this.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote