Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:40 PM   #1

I would like to know if any of you have used the zoom multiplier. I was thinking of purchasing it but I'd like to know if it's worth it.

Also, I want to buy an external flash for my camera and would like to get suggestions from you folks.

One last thing, I used to use a circular polarizing filter on my 35mm. Can we use one on the FZ20?
telecom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2005, 9:57 PM   #2

Every answer you want is here, and remember everything that applies to the FZ10 applies to the FZ20 also.

Depending how the page opens you may need to click on the FZ10 link.

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

If you have that polarizer it will work, but if you need to buy one just get a linear polarizer as it works just as well on the FZ20.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 7:27 AM   #3

Just my 2 cents.

I have used the Rayonx 1540pro 1.5x it is ok, the center of the picsare semi focused and progressevely gets soft to the edges. After some research this seems to be the case wil most addon lenses. I also seem to use a WA converter more than the tele.

The most recomended flash is the Sunpak 383. I have the Sunpak 544 (which is becoming a pain as it is bigger than my FZ20)

Circular and linear polorizers work ont he FZ20. after some looking the linear seems to have slightly greater effect. I use a cheap C-P, works fine. I dont use it much as i live in a very dusty area at the moment so just leave the UV on.

Allan
Dassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2005, 12:57 PM   #4

Thanks very much for your reply. This is a great link. I am trying to absorb all the information contained therein. I strongly recommend this link to anyone.

thanks again
Old Oct 8, 2005, 1:11 PM   #5

i don't have an external flash (haven't needed one yet), but i can personally recommend the TCON14B teleconverter. it's probably the best value for the money, and although it isn't as strong as some out there, the optical quality is superior. there's no loss of light and the images it produces have virtually no purple fringing or softness at the edges, which are common problems with some converters.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:40 PM   #6

telecom wrote:
Quote:
I would like to know if any of you have used the zoom multiplier. I was thinking of purchasing it but I'd like to know if it's worth it.

Also, I want to buy an external flash for my camera and would like to get suggestions from you folks.

One last thing, I used to use a circular polarizing filter on my 35mm. Can we use one on the FZ20?
Fz20 Best=TCON14B 1.45X, Next TCON17 1.7X, next DCR2020PRO 2.2X

Yes you can use a circular, but you do not need a circular for the FZ20. A linerar will work perfectly.

Sunpak 383.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 8:24 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Much appreciated. Oh, by the way, my first reply was to Genece. I forgot to mention that.

I'm glad to know that I'll be able to use the filters I had on 35mm for my digicam. That's a relief :-)