Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:27 PM   #1

I was going home today and noticed there was a charity event going on near my home at London's Centre point building with people absailing from both sides of it. I thought what a great photo opportunity so rushed home to get my Pana!
Unfortunately I ran out of memory card space and batteries at the same time so could not get the focus right (a lesson for saving photos from card and making sure the spare battery is always chanrged!). I found surprisingly I was unable to zoom in and focus on the people coming down the side of the building. That was dissappointing. As my battery and card finished I had no chance to try again sadly so it was a bit of a missed oppurtunity of an exciting event! To get my bearings i was just shooting in P mode and then my chances ended...
Sadly all close-ups were terribly out of focus and all photos suffered from purple fringing which was a first for me. So I have made them all b/w.
Anyway here are the best ones.

pic 1.

Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:28 PM   #2

pic 2.

Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:29 PM   #3

pic 3.

Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:30 PM   #4

pic 4.

Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2005, 8:31 PM   #5

Safely on ground...

pic 5.

Attached Images

Old Oct 9, 2005, 8:00 AM   #6

Except for the 12x, these look okay. Too bad your ran out of ammo. Itake itabsailing is the British term for abseiling or rappeling?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:32 AM   #7

I feel your pain. #4 would be dynamite if focus was there.
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 4:11 PM   #8

On the spelling...I don't know...I might have spelled it wrong. It is not a subject I personally know much about!
They were still at it tonight as I returned home from a day out. It was dark but they had spot lights on them. They have been doing the two sides of the building continuously since yesterday it seems without a break (?). They are raining money for a Blind Society I think. Don't know how many people are involved but it seems a huge number.
I still could have gone back but have absoltely no energy tonight plus around here it is not so safe to be walkign around with the camera at this late hour...
The corner oppisite the building is where heroin dealing has taken place daily as long as I remember. At any time of the day the junkies are standing there waiting for their dealers. A sad sight of course but not one where you should stand for too long especially during the day when there are a lot of other people around.

Thanks for both comments though!!!!

Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:31 PM   #9

all are interesting shots !!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote