Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:47 PM   #1

I took my brother's grandson for a walk in the redwoods today and took a few pictures. This grove is all second growthtimber.
Attached Images

tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:49 PM   #2

There wasn't a hill or trail around he didn't run up and down 2 or 3 times all the while trying to get me to follow him.
Attached Images

Old Oct 8, 2005, 11:49 PM   #3

Here he is standing inside an old growth stump. That tree was probably cut some time in the very early 1900s. It was probably 3 or 4 times as big as any of the trees growing there now.
Attached Images

Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:33 AM   #4

#3 is great. I'd love to see these redwoods for myself one day.
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:13 PM   #5

A very pretty walk indeed....Your brother's grandson really gives a good perspective of the size of the trees; even the ferns look large andlucious next to him. I'll never forgetgoing to the RedwoodNational Park when I was a young girl. (We lived inCalifornia long ago.)Those trees were simply majestic! Thanks for sharing bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:19 PM   #6

Redwood forests are wonderfull, I did visit the "Armstrong Woods" forest in NCA, its the silence that strikes you apart from the size and age of the trees.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/P1000616.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/P1000634.jpg
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 10:09 PM   #7

Thanks for looking. corcoj, youwill never be sorry for visiting an Old Growth Redwood forest. Pictures and words cannot describe the beauty, the feeling, the smell, of a Redwood forest on a warm summer day. BM, I live very close to the RNP. I think you will agree that you have to visit a Redwood forest to really appreciate the beauty. John, I live about 175 miles north of where you visited. If you again get the chance you should travel on north and drive the Avenue of The Giants and visit the RNP. I agree, a picture can show the forest but cannot give you the feel, the sound, and the smell. If the weather holds I plan on taking some shots soonusing my tripod. The lighting in the forest requires such slow shutter speeds I can't hold the camera steady enough for really sharp pictures.