Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:50 AM   #1

Hi everyone
Here is my second gallery from Varanasi titled "Postcards From Varanasi." Varanasi is indeed a photographers delight. I only hope I've done justice to this city in my photographs.
I've tried to capture the vastness of the ganga, the beautiful sunrise, hundreds of boats that you would find ready to take you for a trip across the river, the holy fervor of the city and all things miscellaneous.
Needless to say your feedback is valuable.

http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/
Besties
Dyu
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2005, 3:48 PM   #2

Hi Dyud_d

I checked the gallery - some of the picts are very nice esp "Parked on the banks" which is my favorite. The composition and exposure are just right in that shot.

My other favorites are "Tri rickshaw", "Darkness to Light II" and "Different Views II" - I would have tried a couple of other angles with the rickshaw if it were possible. Darkness to light is good - what aperture did you use? A graduated ND filter would have been really useful for that shot.

"Evening Light" - is just too soft for me and seems as if its been over photoshoped although the composition is very good. A traditional Indian palace/temple shot. I think "Sparkle in the hand" would have been better with a flash but then again I could be wrong. Some of the other pictures have a lot going on in the picture but nothing that really catches the eye .

It would be nice to see the exif data on shots as well - just ISO/aperture and shutter speed would be more than enough.

Keep up the nice work !

Cheers

HarjTT

:O :G :?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:40 PM   #3

nice work :G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:18 AM   #4

Hi HarjjTT

Thanks for the feedback. I will try and send you all the exif data for the pictures that you mentioned u liked.

You mentioned "Some of the other pictures have a lot going on in the picture but nothing that really catches the eye . " I would appreciate you could give me a few examples on the same.

Besties

Dyu

Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:39 AM   #5

some one told me that you get more reviews to pictures if you hotlink them. So im going to try it. Lets see if i get more feeback (something that im desperately looking for to improve and learn the art)

Looking forward to some constructive critique

besties
Dyu
Old Oct 13, 2005, 6:51 AM   #6

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
It would be nice to see the exif data on shots as well - just ISO/aperture and shutter speed would be more than enough.

Hi HarjTT

Here is some exif info on the shots that you asked for

Parked on the Banks : ISO 200 / F5.6 / 1/1600

Tri Rickshaw: ISO 80/F8/1/80

Different view II: ISO 100/ F 4.6/ 1/40

Darkness to light : ISO 100/f5.4/1/100

darkness to Light II: ISO 100/ F7.3/ 1/100

Hope this helps

Let me know if you need any more Info for the pictures or if you have any suggestions on the pics and the settings.

Besties

Dyu