Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 13, 2005, 2:45 AM   #1

I have the LTZ10 that I used to use with my FZ20. I know it has some weird #mm threading. I do know that the FZ30 has a very standard 55mm diameter. Does anyone know if someone has made a stepdown/up adapter that screws the LTZ10 to the FZ30? If there is such an animal out there, and u guys know about it, can you please give me the dimensions and the website where it can be purchased, I really appreciate it. I am, after all, only a lil gal! While I am fairly good at the techhie stuff, these weird adaptors, and third party items always scared me a bit. Thank you all in advance. You guys, by far, are the nicest and most helpful out of all of the forums. And I am so happy to have an FZ30 now so I can be back here!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:20 PM   #2

Great site on teleconverters, applies to FZ 10, 20 and 30:

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam/

Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 1:43 PM   #3

You say, "Great site on teleconverters, applies to FZ 10, 20 and 30:". Yet when I went to the site and looked up the LTZ10, it said that Panasonic didn't provide much info and they didn't even give a thread side to try to get a step down adapter for it. So I don't see how it applys to the FZ30. As far as other teleconverters, I can plainly figure out the 55mm thread and other convertors even come with a bunch of adapter rings to fit various cameras, butlike I stated earlier, I need to know the exact step down ring that screws one end into the LTZ10 and has a 55mm threading on the other end to fit the FZ30, if there is such a thing and preferrable a website that has it for sale.
Old Oct 13, 2005, 5:17 PM   #4

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if someone has made a stepdown/up adapter that screws the LTZ10 to the FZ30?
Nancy,

The LTZ10 is a combination teleconverter and adapter tube. It is attached to the FZ10/20 by removing the lens ring and screwing the 64mm female threaded end onto the camera. The lens assembly then extends up into the adapter tube portion as it does inside the Pemaraal, Chen, Raynox, or Phayee adapters.

If there even is a 55-64male stepring (which I doubt there is), mounting the LTZ10 on such a thing would result in the actual teleconverter lens being way too far forward of the FZ30 lens.

If the adapter tube portion of the LTZ10 can somehow be removed, you may be able to cobble something together. I don't have one nor have I even seen one to know if this is even possible. The pictures of it on CK's web site seem to show a joint where the lens and adapter come together. But whether it can easily be taken apart with a usable thread for attaching a stepring remains unclear to me.

Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:13 PM   #5

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
You say, "Great site on teleconverters, applies to FZ 10, 20 and 30:". Yet when I went to the site and looked up the LTZ10, it said that Panasonic didn't provide much info and they didn't even give a thread side to try to get a step down adapter for it. So I don't see how it applys to the FZ30. As far as other teleconverters, I can plainly figure out the 55mm thread and other convertors even come with a bunch of adapter rings to fit various cameras, butlike I stated earlier, I need to know the exact step down ring that screws one end into the LTZ10 and has a 55mm threading on the other end to fit the FZ30, if there is such a thing and preferrable a website that has it for sale.
I know you do not want to hear this but you are better off selling the LTZ10 on eBay and buying a TCON17 for the FZ30. You will have a much more usable product excelent results and a positive cash flow.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 2:20 AM   #6

Didn't think it could be done, but there is no harm in askin', right? I already own a TCON17 from my days with the the ole faithful Olympus 2100uz, the camera that started it all. Mine still works!
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:13 AM   #7

Link to Teleconverter comparisons on a FZ30>>>>>>>

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/r...topic_id=70772

Includes the TCON 17

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:05 PM   #8

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
.................... I already own a TCON17 from my days with the the ole faithful ................................... Mine still works!
Nancy - on CKs teleconverter tests with the FZ30, the TCON17 really shines. Looks like it is a natural combo. I have one also, and initial test looks great. Give it a try. I think that there was also some discussion onthe dpreview forum "Panasonic Talk" about the LZT10 - go in and do a search. Or if you ask nicely, I will do it for you.
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote