Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 13, 2005, 7:09 PM   #1

1. I know it's not the camera!Try as I might, I can almost always improve on my photos with PSP-X One Step Photo Fix. I see all of these beautiful photos that have no fixes done to them and am left in awe. I know there is a stigmaattached toneeding thesefixes but does it actually damage thequality ofthe imageto use software fixes and what is the software really doing?

2. I also have trouble with manual focus beyond 12x. I just can't see the subject well enough in the LCD to fine focus. Is therea coveringI can get to cut down on the glare and make ithe subject more visible? Iam disabledand can't always get in position to use the EVF.

3. When I tried to add a photo to this, a box came up and said Iwas over the (244k) limit. How do you get around the limit or is it just my computer settings? I have never seen that limit box before.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Don :?
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 15, 2005, 2:25 AM   #2
Fox

Hey Don, Nothing will ever take the place of a great shot. If you don't have a good shot to start with, no amount of software will fix it. Having said that, software will almost always improve your pictures in some way. There is software in your FZ15 that improves your pictures before they get to your memory card.
To answer your question about the software damaging thequality ofthe image. That is one of those yes and no answers. The yes part is, if you recompress your pictures to tight when saving or saving multiple times in the jpeg format while editing. Remember that software is a powerful tool and you can mess up your image if you push your settings to far, especially if your monitor is not calibrated. Your prints might not look like what you saw on the monitor. If you have printed your pictures out and you like how they look then your on the right track!
The no part is, Just importing your pictures into your software editor will not damage your image in anyway. It's digital. Your just copying a set of 1's and 0's:-) Just make sure you always keep a copy of your original. You never know when you might want to go back to the original.

?Is therea coveringI can get to cut down on the glare and make the subject more visible?

I have seen a LCD cover that puts a hood over the big LCD to help cut the glare.I can't remember where I saw it. You could use a rubber eye cup from canon and put it over the Viewfinder (the little LCD) this might help you out and be just what the doctor ordered.

?When I tried to add a photo to this, a box came up and said Iwas over the (244k) limit. How do you get around the limit or is it just my computer settings? I have never seen that limit box before.

Wish I could help you out on this one but I'll have to pass this one off to someone else.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote