Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:21 PM   #11

stuttered - sorry. :sad:
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:32 PM   #12

cherub wrote:
Quote:
Hi Kenneth

Thank you SOO much for your prompt reply.......I don't know what to do anymore about this situation........Do you know what the "threading" is of the conversion lens you purchased?......I must be an idiot with a capital "I" to be this clueless about the sizing.....However, these were the ones that were the suggested "accessories" FOR this camera, so I trusted the camera store.....They don't understand why they don't fit either.....Maybe it's MY FZ30 that is the problem?...just the tiniest miscalculation in threading during production would have this occur, wouldn't it?.......sigh..

Thanks again for your fast response!

Shelley
Assuming you have the PANASONIC LT 55 which is the telephoto 1.7X add on lense, absolutely NO adaptor will be necessary! Lust look on the rim of the lense and it should say Panasonic DMW-LT55 in one place and about 180 degrees opposite on the other side it should say Lumix teleconversion lense 1.7X . Be careful when you screw it on, remember, "lefty, loosie....righty, tighty" It's screws on in a clockwise rotation. Be very careful with the threads, and it is a good practise to turn the lense in a counter clockwise (loosening) direction, just using the weight of the lense against the female threads. Do this just until you feel the threads "seat" themselves, and then begin to turn it clockwise to tighten it. This will prevent cross threading, ruining the threads thru misalignment. DO NOT overtighten, just make sure it's snug. Again, good luck. I'm going to post a pic of the right lense, so you'll know exactly what to look for.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:51 PM   #13

the lense with caps on each end...
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:55 PM   #14

writing on rim...
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:57 PM   #15

other side..
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:00 PM   #16

in all it's glory, no adaptor necessary...
Attached Images

Old Nov 11, 2005, 2:37 PM   #17

KENNETHD wrote
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming you have the PANASONIC LT 55 which is the telephoto 1.7X add on lense, absolutely NO adaptor will be necessary! Lust look on the rim of the lense and it should say Panasonic DMW-LT55 in one place and about 180 degrees opposite on the other side it should say Lumix teleconversion lense 1.7X . Be careful when you screw it on, remember, "lefty, loosie....righty, tighty" It's screws on in a clockwise rotation. Be very careful with the threads, and it is a good practise to turn the lense in a counter clockwise (loosening) direction, just using the weight of the lense against the female threads. Do this just until you feel the threads "seat" themselves, and then begin to turn it counter clockwise to tighten it. This will prevent cross threading, ruining the threads thru misalignment. DO NOT overtighten, just make sure it's snug. Again, good luck. I'm going to post a pic of the right lense, so you'll know exactly what to look for.

Kd

Kenneth you did mean Clockwise to tighten, didn't you? Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:14 PM   #18

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
KENNETHD wrote
Quote:
Quote:

Assuming you have the PANASONIC LT 55 which is the telephoto 1.7X add on lense, absolutely NO adaptor will be necessary! Lust look on the rim of the lense and it should say Panasonic DMW-LT55 in one place and about 180 degrees opposite on the other side it should say Lumix teleconversion lense 1.7X . Be careful when you screw it on, remember, "lefty, loosie....righty, tighty" It's screws on in a clockwise rotation. Be very careful with the threads, and it is a good practise to turn the lense in a counter clockwise (loosening) direction, just using the weight of the lense against the female threads. Do this just until you feel the threads "seat" themselves, and then begin to turn it counter clockwise to tighten it. This will prevent cross threading, ruining the threads thru misalignment. DO NOT overtighten, just make sure it's snug. Again, good luck. I'm going to post a pic of the right lense, so you'll know exactly what to look for.

Kd

Kenneth you did mean Clockwise to tighten, didn't you? Jim
Oh...oh! Yes, yes that's right. So sorry for my typo. I edited the post to correct the description. Thank you very much for pointing it out, Lord knows there's been enough misinformation sent that members way already.:G Best regards,

Kd
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:58 PM   #19

Kenneth, It was just nice to see that I'm not the only one that makes typo's! :-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:40 AM   #20

Thank you all so much for your wonderful and very knowledgable replies! I guess I'm even more novice, than I originally thought..:lol:....The FZ30 said 55-52MM on the silver ring around the camera lense and the original lenses the store sent were 55mm's....the telephoto fit, but the wide-angle didn't....the filters didn't fit either..so I sent the whole kit and kaboodle back and they sent me 58mm's which don't fit at all.....funny thing is, another store I contacted for help, also said they mount on the lens hood........(not in this lifetime, they don't...LOL)....

The lenses are already back in the shipping box and I'm returning everything....I can't afford to spend anymore on this "pipedream" as I see some of the "rings" are yet another $100 or more dollars......I should return the camera too, cause now I'm not sure if the Leica lense didn't get scratched trying to get the conversion lenses attached....

Thanks again for all your expertise!

Shelley

cherub is offline   Reply With Quote