Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 14, 2005, 9:28 PM   #51

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Here are two samples of what the FZ30 12 power zoom can do. The first picture has two areas circled and marked. The next two pictures show full zoom on those marked areas. The #1 area is Bank One Ball Park in south Phoenix approximately 15 miles from camera. #2 is a tennis court(s) approximately 3 to 4 miles from point of picture.
were you using a tripod or was the camera handheld?:|
andy0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2005, 10:34 PM   #52

Hi Andy, The camera was handheld for all the shots! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 7:22 PM   #53

lets see what the digital zoom can do from up there.....Got any of those?
hamiltonarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 8:28 PM   #54

Yes, this zoom is amazing. You can take a moon and count the craters (this smaller one ) and than using this same lens you can take a beautifull photo of fly or see the structure of paper. And still you can buy telephoto, wide lensor macro (you can find a lot of them) and you have 8Mpix .

I bought my in... newegg 582$- with shipping. Yes, expensive but I trust them (I'vegot my camera in 3 days.... They have the best customer service. Trust me.

kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 9:21 PM   #55

Squirl you have of course used a polarizer in the St Helens first pic
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 12:32 AM   #56

Thanks Kreciu. Jim
Old Dec 22, 2005, 11:53 AM   #57

:|I am sold , this camera isalwsome I will buy it in a week and cant wait.
I heard about the Amazon.con deal and think I will go that route. I was so impressed with the lens pics I see here that I was astonished and was saying to myself that can't be ,it is that the shot impossible! I do webdesign professionally and use a professional pro photographer to shot the pics but now I might not need to anymore.
Nice to be on board with you guys and gals. Peace.
NeoDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 1:56 PM   #58

Welcome NeoDon ! I'm sure you'll love the FZ30 as much as the rest of us on this forum do! Jim
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:15 PM   #59

I need to write something. Both cameras Fz20 and Fz30 (which I have) are really good cameras . For me fz30 was first semi-pro digt camera, for me difference in price about 200$ is not so big if I want NEW camera (400$ for fz20). So I bought fz30. And I happy like small child

If you want to take photo of flaing F-16 - forget and buy digital camera for about 2000$

But. This camera is amazing fast, start time (it's only put the button), autofocus (it's like 0.00000001s (i'm sorry about that). LCD is also very good, EVF not bad.

EVERY thing depend what you want to do with camera. I'm taking photos ofcountry side (good light -sunny weather), wild animals (a need huge zoom and here is amazing (I',m planning to buy telephoto), sometimes insects (macro is ok, and still you can buy additional lenses). And I don't like to take for a walk 5 kg of glass when I need 12x zoom and macro in the same time...

Almost forgot. ISO and noise (everybody likes this topic . So, I have never seen moving building/custle/churchat night Titop, monotop is necessery and pictures are beautiful. If you want take photos of moving objects buy camera for about 2000$ (at least) with iso 3200 . Simple.

Today I was in market I was looking what they have, and for me fz30 is NOT a toy, it SLR-like (really). Comapring to other "SLR-like" cameras.

I don'tknow itwill be heplful for anyone, but sometimes when I'm reading topics: This is better comparing to that... I need to write somethng :blah:
kreciu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:36 PM   #60

Kreciu, In your last post you mentioned needing a $2000 dollar camera to take a picture of a F-16 in flight, the FZ20 and 30 will do that just fine ! Here is a picture of a Mig 15 at a distance of at least 3/4 mile, he was traveling in excess of 300 mph. And a picture of another jet from 1/4 mile doing 3 to 400 mph. Both taken with the FZ30.
Attached Images