Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:25 PM   #11

stnkline

Quote:
stnkline wrote:
Quote:
The [highlight= #ffff88]wired remote I made is 1 1/4 by 1 1/4 by 3/4 inches thick. As small as I could make it and still fit in my fingers. The 'I' is the focus button and the 'X' is the shutter release.. I press the focus button with the first joint of my thumb and release the shutter with the tip of my thumb. VERY convenient to use!!
I am interested in making my own [highlight= #ffff88]wired remote could you tell me where toget a parts list and schematic.
Hi LoveLIfe [LoveLiffe}

Parts required: 36k, 2.7k, 2k 20% lowest wattage resistors available; 4 contact jack from a cell phone hands free attachment from a dollar store $1; container:I used a ring box of my wife's; two low profile single pole normally off push buttons.

The is a picture of this in my post above. The only item I bought was the jack. all other parts were around the house.

STAN

Attached Image (viewed 64 times):

Last edited on Wed Jul 27th, 2005 11:36 pm by stnkline

This may help.

Stan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 6:54 PM   #12

Yep, what Stan said :|.

You might want to make sure the FZ30 uses the same trigger resistances as the FZ20. The thread originator was asking for a FZ20 remote, so there may be a difference for the FZ30 - can anyone clarify?
Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 8:37 PM   #13

Rhombuss wrote:
Quote:
Yep, what Stan said :|.

You might want to make sure the FZ30 uses the same trigger resistances as the FZ20. The thread originator was asking for a FZ20 remote, so there may be a difference for the FZ30 - can anyone clarify?
Rhombuss: You are right: there is a difference!!!!

The Remote Shutter for the DMC-FZ30PP is DMW-FL28 page 139

Then Remote Shutter for the FMC-FZ20PP is DMW-RS1 pg 117

So the question changes: As to what is the difference?

Could someone check the FZ30's DMW-FL28 shutter release with a multi-meter and measure the resistance between contact 1 and contact 2 on sketch above for the three positions of the shutter: No press, half waypress [focus] and full press [take picture] Also is the plug still 4 conductor and is it still 1/8 inch diameter???? Three measurements are required! And are the contacts 1 and 2 still used? With 3 and 4 still open circuit with no contact to each other and to 1 and 2?

Gene: I hope you read this post. Thanks.

Stan
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:26 PM   #14

Yeah, good thing we clarified this. Would've sucked if msantos fried his FZ30 with a FZ20 remote :?
Rhombuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2005, 9:42 PM   #15

Rhombuss wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, good thing we clarified this. Would've sucked if msantos fried his FZ30 with a FZ20 remote :?
Thanks to you Rhombuss!

Stan
Old Oct 22, 2005, 12:18 AM   #16

Rhombuss escribió:
Quote:

You are totally rigth, Rhombuss!!! I appreciate all your comments.

Thanks Stnkline for your tip!!!

If anyone has a remote shutter for FZ-30, it will be great if you can share with us the resistance values.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 2:02 PM   #17

stnkline wrote
Quote:
Rhombuss: You are right: there is a difference!!!!

The Remote Shutter for the DMC-FZ30PP is DMW-FL28 page 139

Then Remote Shutter for the FMC-FZ20PP is DMW-RS1 pg 117

So the question changes: As to what is the difference?
Guys, guys,

The DMW-FL28 is an External Flash -- not a Remote Shutter.

If you go to the following Panasonic web page, you'll see that the "DMW-RS1 Remote Shutter for DMC-FZ30 & DMC-FZ20" (my emphasis) is an optional accessory for the FZ30:

http://tinyurl.com/dfrgq

If you then go to the Panasonic parts ordering page:

http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr/

and enter "dmw-rs1" in the first "Search by Part #" and click the "Retrieve Part Info" button (do NOT press enter), you'll be presented with a page quoting a (current as of 22-Oct-2005) price of $15.56.

Click on the "Add Parts to Shopping Basket" button and you will be presented with a "Shopping Basket Contents" page.

Click on the "Verify Availability" button and you will presented with a page that states that the DMW-RS1 Wired Shutter Remote Cont has been replaced by the VYC0913 for the same $15.56. (As of 22-Oct-2005, it is not back ordered.)

Continue if you actually want to order the Panasonic remote. Otherwise go back to fabricating your own do-it-yourself model with the same resistor values as have been previously posted. :-)

Dick
http://rschofield.smugmug.com/

rschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 3:36 PM   #18

Thanks a lot!!!!!

I´ll try that!!
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 4:22 PM   #19

I correct my previous post: Both the FZ30 and 20 use a DMW-RS1 remote shutter.

Guess I must get better glasses for my age!!

Sorry for that

STAN