Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:54 AM   #11
jcr

shene wrote:
Quote:
Just keep the Nikon 6T +2.9 because good close-up lenses do not have very significant differences. If you wish to have higher power, you may try the Canon 500D +4. There is no good close-up lenses of diopter +4 or higher.
Ok, 6T is to stay , and what about DCR250 ? any opinion with FZ30 ? It shure was super with FZ20, but with your statement left me thinking again...:? I don't have it but was on purchase list for FZ20 already...
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 7:01 AM   #12
jcr

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
TCON17 produces better results then the TCON14B because of the step ring, but unless you have the magnifying glass out you will not see the difference. The DCR1540 is excellentwith a magnification of 1.54X. But requires a special ring available in November.

Thanks again Lovelife, but is there any reason not to mention the Nikon TC-E17ED ? I've seen pretty goog results (much better then Tcon17)on a comparison in this forum
Old Oct 19, 2005, 8:53 AM   #13

jcr wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
TCON17 produces better results then the TCON14B because of the step ring, but unless you have the magnifying glass out you will not see the difference. The DCR1540 is excellentwith a magnification of 1.54X. But requires a special ring available in November.

Thanks again Lovelife, but is there any reason not to mention the Nikon TC-E17ED ? I've seen pretty goog results (much better then Tcon17)on a comparison in this forum
I do not have first hand experience with the Nikons and do not think any of the tests represent real life. If you feel that the results are that dramatic then buy the Nikon. I also feel that all lenses should be tested. What about Raynox? I do not put much stock in a reviewer who does not examine all entire FZ10, 20 and 30 adapter products.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:16 AM   #14

jcr wrote:
Quote:
shene wrote:
Quote:
Just keep the Nikon 6T +2.9 because good close-up lenses do not have very significant differences. If you wish to have higher power, you may try the Canon 500D +4. There is no good close-up lenses of diopter +4 or higher.
Ok, 6T is to stay , and what about DCR250 ? any opinion with FZ30 ? It shure was super with FZ20, but with your statement left me thinking again...:? I don't have it but was on purchase list for FZ20 already...
Keep your 6T andI believe the DCR250 will perform better on the FZ30 then on the FZ20. The lens base is positioned 5.84mm from the front bezel on the fz10, 15 and 20, and 3mm from the front on the FZ30. This should result in sharper edges. I am going to make a special ring for the DCR250 that will bringthe lens displacement to. 78mm. In the mean timeI am going to do some tests today using the standard spring mount.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 12:30 PM   #15

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Between DCR1540 and TCON-17, which one do you think perform better on FZ30? How about DCR-2020?

Do you think HD-6600 will perform better than DCR-6600 on FZ20?

Thanks.
skyrocketfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 1:23 PM   #16

skyrocketfw wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Between DCR1540 and TCON-17, which one do you think perform better on FZ30? How about DCR-2020?

Do you think HD-6600 will perform better than DCR-6600 on FZ20?

Thanks.
Both the DCr1540 and the DCR6600 are currently 52mm mounts. They will not perform satisfactory on the FZ30 with a conventional 55-52step-down ring, which positions them 4mm from the Leica bezel. They excel when mounted in a special ring that I am making. Prior to the rings arrival I have glued both lenses into 55-58mm step-up rings, which brings the lens mount .98mm from the Leica Bezel. I would have to do a side by side to determine which one is better. There are many variable to the question. The money issue is not significant about $15.00. It has been awhile since I saw the effective rate numbers for each lens. I believe the TCON17 is 1.59 and the Raynox is 1.51. Olympus is overzealous with their magnification factors. The DCR2020 2.2x effective rate 2.12x works much better on the FZ30. I believe it is because of the reduced magnification FZ 30= 420 vs. FZ20=432 or in 2020 terms 924mm vs. 951mm. It has the longest reach but needs good lighting to excel.

The HD6600 (55mm mount) is the exact same lens as the DCR6600 (52mm mount). If you have a CRing adapter the results with each lens will be identical. That reason is the 62mm CRing adapter uses special 66-55mm CRings or 62-52mm CRings to change the mount with zero change to lens base displacement. If you use another adapter with step down rings the results will be terrible. The CRing adapter has a fixed lens base displacement of 2.84mm regardless of configuration.

Old Oct 19, 2005, 4:25 PM   #17

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Both the DCr1540 and the DCR6600 are currently 52mm mounts. They will not perform satisfactory on the FZ30 with a conventional 55-52step-down ring, which positions them 4mm from the Leica bezel. They excel when mounted in a special ring that I am making. Prior to the rings arrival I have glued both lenses into 55-58mm step-up rings, which brings the lens mount .98mm from the Leica Bezel. I would have to do a side by side to determine which one is better. There are many variable to the question. The money issue is not significant about $15.00. It has been awhile since I saw the effective rate numbers for each lens. I believe the TCON17 is 1.59 and the Raynox is 1.51. Olympus is overzealous with their magnification factors. The DCR2020 2.2x effective rate 2.12x works much better on the FZ30. I believe it is because of the reduced magnification FZ 30= 420 vs. FZ20=432 or in 2020 terms 924mm vs. 951mm. It has the longest reach but needs good lighting to excel.
Thanks LoveLife.

So between DCR-1540 with your new ring and TCON-17, which onedo you think is better?

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
The HD6600 (55mm mount) is the exact same lens as the DCR6600 (52mm mount). If you have a CRing adapter the results with each lens will be identical. That reason is the 62mm CRing adapter uses special 66-55mm CRings or 62-52mm CRings to change the mount with zero change to lens base displacement. If you use another adapter with step down rings the results will be terrible. The CRing adapter has a fixed lens base displacement of 2.84mm regardless of configuration.
So the different mount size wouldn't make any different. I was hoping that it might eliminate the vignetting.

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I have not tested any macros on the FZ30 but I feel the added 4mm standard ring distance will efect the edge quality.

The best bet is the Nikon 4T with the new ring.

Do you mean 4T would be better than 6T?

Will you be making new ring for 6T, TCON-14B as well?

Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:30 PM   #18
jcr

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I do not have first hand experience with the Nikons and do not think any of the tests represent real life. If you feel that the results are that dramatic then buy the Nikon. I also feel that all lenses should be tested. What about Raynox? I do not put much stock in a reviewer who does not examine all entire FZ10, 20 and 30 adapter products.

Ok, I think the very same way...I'll wait some more time to decide on Tele subject...lets see some more reviews ...
Old Oct 19, 2005, 5:40 PM   #19
jcr

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Keep your 6T andI believe the DCR250 will perform better on the FZ30 then on the FZ20. The lens base is positioned 5.84mm from the front bezel on the fz10, 15 and 20, and 3mm from the front on the FZ30. This should result in sharper edges. I am going to make a special ring for the DCR250 that will bringthe lens displacement to. 78mm. In the mean timeI am going to do some tests today using the standard spring mount.

ok, I'll maintain DCR250 on purchase list...I'm trying to figure how can You tell such exact distances....:?

feel free to post results from that test...:|

Old Oct 19, 2005, 6:24 PM   #20

Sorry Lovelife, I have one more question.

How is the images quality produced by dcr-6600? Are they better, worse or the same as those produced by wcon-08b?

Thanks.