Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 20, 2005, 8:21 PM   #1

Lens hood

What do you people think?

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:07 PM   #2

Nice package.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 10:00 PM   #3

Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
Nice package.
Thank you now I have to find people to buy it.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:42 PM   #4

good looking hood... your own design? what's it made of?
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2005, 11:53 PM   #5

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, my own design and I think I covered all the bases; the inside is completely covered in baffle groves to reduce ambient light bounce. It is made from 6061 aluminum. Do you know anyone with aTCON14B?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:37 AM   #6

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

Yes, my own design and I think I covered all the bases; the inside is completely covered in baffle groves to reduce ambient light bounce. It is made from 6061 aluminum. Do you know anyone with aTCON14B?
i know there are several folks on this board that have the TCON-14B, including myself. Hiroshi has one, and I think perhaps Willow and/or Fmoore might haveone as well. i have a Contax #5 hood for mine, which seems to work very nicely.
Old Oct 21, 2005, 12:44 AM   #7

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:

i know there are several folks on this board that have the TCON-14B, including myself. Hiroshi has one, and I think perhaps Willow and/or Fmoore might haveone as well. i have a Contax #5 hood for mine, which seems to work very nicely.
Yes but Contax and there supply is gone. Did you buy the hood cap and does there #5 fit around the lens for storage?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:21 AM   #8

basically,the Contax hood looks and fits almost identical to yours, andthe cap from the TCON-14B fits the end of the hood. but, as you mentioned, the Contax hoods are no more, and folks with the TCON-14B have very few options when it comes to lens hoods. i'm sure there will be folks who will be interested in your offering! especially if the price is right...
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:32 PM   #9

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
basically,the Contax hood looks and fits almost identical to yours, andthe cap from the TCON-14B fits the end of the hood. but, as you mentioned, the Contax hoods are no more, and folks with the TCON-14B have very few options when it comes to lens hoods. i'm sure there will be folks who will be interested in your offering! especially if the price is right...
Ah the price. What would you be willing to pay $23, 25 or 26?
Old Oct 21, 2005, 1:56 PM   #10

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
Ah the price. What would you be willing to pay $23, 25 or 26?
considering the Contax hood sold for $35-$40 (when it was still available) at places like Adorama or B&H Photo, idon't think $25 or even $30 would be out of line, and you could probably sell your hood easilyin that price range. just not to me, since i already have a metal hood and have no need for another one...