Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 22, 2005, 3:28 AM   #1

Hi all

First excuse me for my poor english.

User of the DMC-FZ10 and really happy of it (after the basic Canon S20 what a change!) i just had the oportunity to buy the silver DMC-FZ30. I had it this week and i had a bad surprise, the charger was now very very light weight...

Yes Panasonic changed the charger/AC adapter of the FZ10 for a basic charger on the FZ30 !!:O

You see the problem when you come back hotel after a full day. Impossible to check pictures and delete bad pictures in peace.

Well, somesay buy an other battery. Other surprise... Battery of the FZ30 is 3 X the price of those of the FZ10: 59E (not far of 70$)!!!

Buy the AC adapter in option seems the only way. Its name DMC-CAC1 and none in shop in my country (France) and on the web i see it at... 100$ (mad price for this kind item) and shop not sell it worldwide.:shock:

1) Is there a product (even no-name) able to do this job? A more decent price would be welcome. I am after something i could buy on the net (with paypal or visa for exemple).

2) i hope test in the coming weeks a lens 3X for the FZ30 i ll tell more as soon i have it.

3) I don t know if board allow this question. If not skip it my question. Any link of shop selling worldwide stuff for the FZ30?

Thanks all for help

mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:06 AM   #2

This is the same old problem with Panasonic FZ cameras. I just got my FZ30 and right away I am "once AGAIN" looking for a backup battery. BUT after going through this process with the other FZ cameras before, I am now thinking of dumping the FZ30? We do not lack other choices.
normc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:26 AM   #3

mage813 wrote:
Quote:
Hi all

First excuse me for my poor english.

User of the DMC-FZ10 and really happy of it (after the basic Canon S20 what a change!) i just had the oportunity to buy the silver DMC-FZ30. I had it this week and i had a bad surprise, the charger was now very very light weight...

Yes Panasonic changed the charger/AC adapter of the FZ10 for a basic charger on the FZ30 !!:O
Quote:
They made that change right after the FZ10 the charger from the FZ30 is the same as the charger from the FZ20
Quote:

You see the problem when you come back hotel after a full day. Impossible to check pictures and delete bad pictures in peace.
Quote:
If you have the FZ10 just use that charger and adapter, they are the same specs.
Quote:

Well, somesay buy an other battery. Other surprise... Battery of the FZ30 is 3 X the price of those of the FZ10: 59E (not far of 70$)!!!
Quote:
The batteries can be had for less than $20.00. once again if you have a FZ10 use that battery it fits and works fine regardless of the shape.
Quote:

Buy the AC adapter in option seems the only way. Its name DMC-CAC1 and none in shop in my country (France) and on the web i see it at... 100$ (mad price for this kind item) and shop not sell it worldwide.:shock:

1) Is there a product (even no-name) able to do this job? A more decent price would be welcome. I am after something i could buy on the net (with paypal or visa for exemple).
Quote:
I have had a FZ10 for over 2 years now and have never used the ac adapter and I believe most people are the same ..just get more batteries either the correct one from a 3rd party supplier or the older FZ10 or 20 battery is fine.
Quote:

2) i hope test in the coming weeks a lens 3X for the FZ30 i ll tell more as soon i have it.
Quote:
Do not buy that lens it is junk
Quote:

3) I don t know if board allow this question. If not skip it my question. Any link of shop selling worldwide stuff for the FZ30?

Thanks all for help
Quote:
There are cheaper ones but I have that one and it works fine
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:51 AM   #4

Wow Thanks for your answer!

Yes batteries of my FZ10 (event if they look really different) work in the FZ30. A good news.

I found too just before you post the link the CGA battery in Hong Kong and i did order 2.

Well, for the 3X lens i was a little affraid of that bad risk. But after i saw the 200E price of 2.2X raynox one i wanted "try and hope"... We'll see.

I had lot fun with my FZ10 and last month took 2000 pictures in India not so far from earthquake zone. I hope same when all accessories at home.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 4:31 PM   #5

Wow normc, That sounds pretty drastic, to dump a camera like the FZ30 because you couldn't find a backup battery! There are numerous places selling the replacement battery and several posts on this site have given more info regarding price etc. Just for one Battery Barn is selling the battery for around $18, B&H has it for $29 and the list goes on! Do a Google search for the CGA-S006 battery and see what turns up. Regards, Jim

check this web page:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 5:55 PM   #6

Sorry if i wrote notwell what i wanted say. It seems i ll like the FZ30 too (i sell the FZ10 it s evidence !).

What i don t like is that french shop are poor or very expensive with accessories.

But i have to say too that Panasonic france sell not the FZ 30 AC wall adapter, no battery too. Only the fish eyes lens what seems not the first item a basic user will search first.

That s why i am happy of informations i find here.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 6:16 PM   #7

Yes it is drastic....I've had a number of Panasonic cameras and I get fed up with some of their marketing. The cost of their accessories....well it is like they do not want to sell them? Thanks for the tip. I'll likely keep the camera?
normc is offline   Reply With Quote