Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:31 AM   #21

OMG, for some reason, the pictures get damaged while uploading them.

I place them at my personal server.

http://andilek.com/stevesforumspix/051111/x1.jpg
http://andilek.com/stevesforumspix/051111/x2.jpg
klenot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 4:20 AM   #22

HELP!! I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ30, along with converter lenses, telephoto and wide angle...(not having a clue as how to use them)...When they arrived, the lenses didn't screw onto the camera and were sent back.....The store was gracious enough to send a more expensive pair back in a larger 58mm size, the others were either 55mm or 52mm, i don't remember which. These are very expensive lenses, Crystal Optics, Professional, but it doesn't matter what they cost if I can't use them...(and they cost $600, including the filters which ALSO don't fit the camera)...Any suggestions?...Is there an adaptor that might help them fit......The stores Vet Tech said that I had to use them with the lens hood and I about turned myself upside down trying to have that occur. I sure hope I didn't scratch the Leica lens on the darn camera now as I was trying to screw lens to lens......sigh

I'm so frustrated I could cry at this point.......know what I mean?

Thanks alot for your help!

Shelley
cherub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:06 AM   #23

cherub wrote:
Quote:
HELP!! I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ30, along with converter lenses, telephoto and wide angle...(not having a clue as how to use them)...When they arrived, the lenses didn't screw onto the camera and were sent back.....The store was gracious enough to send a more expensive pair back in a larger 58mm size, the others were either 55mm or 52mm, i don't remember which. These are very expensive lenses, Crystal Optics, Professional, but it doesn't matter what they cost if I can't use them...(and they cost $600, including the filters which ALSO don't fit the camera)...Any suggestions?...Is there an adaptor that might help them fit......The stores Vet Tech said that I had to use them with the lens hood and I about turned myself upside down trying to have that occur. I sure hope I didn't scratch the Leica lens on the darn camera now as I was trying to screw lens to lens......sigh

I'm so frustrated I could cry at this point.......know what I mean?

Thanks alot for your help!

Shelley

gracious enough to send a more expensive pair back in a larger 58mm size, the others were either 55mm or 52mm, i don't remember which

Shelley,

You are dealing with people who have sold you the Brooklyn Bridge for too much money, unknown add-on lenses they are unscrupulous who are clueless. . If you cannot get your money back report them to the better business bureau. Known items that work on the FZ30 are Raynox DCR2020pro 2.2x telephoto 62mm mount (requires 55-62mm step-up ring)$210.00, Olympus Tcon14B 1.45x telephoto 62mm mount (requires a 55-62mm step up ring)$180.00, Olympus TCON17 1.7x telephoto 55mm mount (does not require a ring) $110.00, Olympus Wcon08B .8X wide-angle 62mm mount (requires a 55-62mm step-up ring)$150.00 and Raynox DCR6600 –55 .66x wide-angle 55mm mount (does not require a ring) $110.00. These areexcellent performers and you can see by the prices that you were had. If you cannot get your money back you will have to calm down and describe each piece. the name, the mm mount at the rear of the lens and the type of magnification. Forget the lens hood BS you cannot use it with these lenses. What you need are rings that will convert the lenses to fit the 55mm female threads on the camera. This will guarantee the lenses to fit the camera not the quality of the results.

Money does not indicate quality next time ask the forum.Here are examples of what you can expect with these lenses.

http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/804122

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:16 AM   #24

klenot wrote:
Quote:
lovelife,

I know, that the camera isn't aware of any additional lens attached to main lens. I did not looked at exif info.

Instead, I just visually compared the two shots. I attach the crop of sides of your pictures. The left one is the 5th shot (FZ30 with WCON-07), and right of it, the 7th shot (FZ30 with WCON-08B). Doesn't they look like they was taken with exactly the same angle of view? (focal length).

I think, there should be a visible difference between 24,5 and 28 mm focal length, like it can be seen on a second attached picture, where I tried to simulate this difference by marking the 28mm focal length picture by a yellow rectangle, and where the whole picture shows the wider angle of view (24,5mm). This marking is just my quick estimation, I didn't computed it exactly, but it shows, how approximately these two shots should differ.

There is something strange with these pictures.. I can't tell how it is possible. I even can not verify it, because I don't have the WCON-08B nor the FZ30.

Save you breath I will redo the shots but expect the same results. Remember that the WCOn07 is failing to perform correctly on the FZ30 the blur spot in the center.

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote