Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 24, 2005, 11:50 PM   #1
spy

My son was playing some music and I saw the opportunity.
Attached Images

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2005, 2:50 AM   #2

Amazing! One of the greatest guitar pics I have ever seen. I mean that! I also am a guitarist, so I can appreciate this on a bunch of levels. Out of curiosity, what piece was he playing? Also, the color temperature, while it'sis probably off, creates a perfect mood. I have the FZ20, and this lighting looks terrible for portraits, but you make it work, perfectly. Hope u don't mind but I am going to save this pic b/c I really love it. It also makes this guitar look like a really expensive $3k guitar. What kind is it, actually? If you don't mind me asking....
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:21 AM   #3

Very nicely done! I'm a musician too and I love shots like this. The lighting sets a beautiful mood.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 10:02 AM   #4

I am sorry to say I can't play anything, but I can appreciate the picture. Good eye.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 4:25 PM   #5
spy

Ms. Gabby and others, I thank you for being inspired by this shot. The lighting in my living room turns to very warm tones at night when the lamps are on and reflecting off the yellow tones on the walls. The shades of the lamps are tan in color and the piano lamp is reflecting off a dark walnut finish.

Iset the satration/contrast/noise reduction/and sharpness to "high", white balance on Auto and Col. Effects to OFF. Set the camera on the tripod and moved in close.

My son is 11 and he has been playing guitar for a year now, learning from his own interest. My wife and I saw his interest back then and bought him a Yamaha F-310. I think it goes for around $160ish Canadian. He was playing something simple.

I am honored that you have admired this photo. I am currently preparing to shoot more music shots and will post them by tonight.

Till then......

spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:14 PM   #6

Goran Bregovic, live in Summonte (Avellino, Italy) 7-17-2005 FZ20
Attached Images

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:15 PM   #7

Attached Images

Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:22 PM   #8

just to show that FZ20 can do good things in difficult light (at ISO 200) with some Manual WB and bluewards fine WB adjust. and Photoshop editing.

Thanks for the inspiration spy: I agree that warm effect feels very "cool" and I should also play more with strange Manual WB adjustments.
Finally I am also going to take some shots of my gtr/strings with the FZ when I have time to.