Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 26, 2005, 7:32 PM   #1

You can't beat the price (free) for the amount of space (2 gigs!).These samples were uploadedstraight from the camera (off the hard drive) at fulloriginal size (2560x1920). Zoto created the thumbnails (100x100) and the 600x450images they link to. They say the originals are stored on the site but with no explanationhow to access them.

Here's how to simply embed the linked thumbnails to a post. Create a gallery and choose the already uploaded picsyou wantincluded in the gallery. Open the gallery and highlight the thumbnail page. Paste the page straight to the body of the message here. In order to show only the linked thumbnails, there will be alot of stuff you want to remove. Got to Preview and delete all but the thumbnails which will probably be vertically aligned. Delete the space to the right of the thumbnail to align them horizontally. Now you have x number of thumbnails, each linked to a larger 600x450 pic.

Zoto does not seem to sharpen the downsized 600x450 image. So you may want to do that ahead of time on your computer.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:09 PM   #2

Fred, I read the intro stuff at zoto, but I have a 28Kb old phone line (don't think that'll change any time soon) and have Blogger thru Picasa. For those with high speeds zoto would be great. I hope John, you, and others get into this because Narmer's display of all those sample photos was wonderful. Best wishes, and as always thanks for helping us.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 8:38 PM   #3

Tazzie - You can upload 600x450 pre-downsized (as well other processing such as sharpening) photos from the start. This would cut down on your upload time considerably for dial up connections. Presumably, already downsized images would not be tampered with except to create the thumbnail. Considering zoto's lack of auto processing enhancement, this would probably be the best way to do it no matter what connection speed you have.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2005, 9:16 PM   #4

Thanks fred,
Oddly the Exif is viewable from the thumbnail, but not with the larger version
at zoto. hmmm

Those little thumbnails are great. Perfect for those who want us to have a look
at several photos. They load quick and so does the picture at zoto.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 7:37 PM   #5

Cool Fred 2GIG is great

TazzieI upload files 800x600 Picasa works well for tuneing and resizing I do prefer PS

CS2 but picasa is faster for zoto uploads of say 6 files

on 56K dialup zoto is a bit clunky but usable. with broadband it will fly, I think interface could be improved its jus my initiial view.

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote