Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 31, 2005, 11:04 PM   #11

genece, Thank You for the heads-up on the battery. RE: leaving camera on:

Wouldn't PowerSave work if the 9000 was unplugged from the DC port (but still screwed onto the camera tripod connector)? How would the camera detect the 9000 if it was unplugged?

Or, what if the 9000 was plugged into elec/car lighter power for recharging (and into the DC), it wouldn't drain then, would it?

I never leave my camera on anyway, but am thinking that maybe unplugging 9000 from DC AND removing the FZ30 battery as a failsafe (or is that over-kill?).

Now that you've brought it up I started worrying about leaving it on, which means I probably WILL leave it on sometime - LOL. Would hate draining either battery unnecessarily.
Margotd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:00 PM   #12

Margotd42 wrote:
Quote:
genece, Thank You for the heads-up on the battery. RE: leaving camera on:

Wouldn't PowerSave work if the 9000 was unplugged from the DC port (but still screwed onto the camera tripod connector)? How would the camera detect the 9000 if it was unplugged?
Quote:
Yes the power save will work if the original battery is inand the dps 9000 is unplugged
Quote:

Or, what if the 9000 was plugged into elec/car lighter power for recharging (and into the DC), it wouldn't drain then, would it?
Quote:
Leave me check ...I do not think you can do that...The same plug that goes to the camera also goes to the charger so you can only use one at a time. It would not be a good Idea to have the camera on for days anyway...I really do not think its good to have it on for 8 hours or so as it drains the DPS 9000.
Quote:

I never leave my camera on anyway, but am thinking that maybe unplugging 9000 from DC AND removing the FZ30 battery as a failsafe (or is that over-kill?).
Quote:
You do not need to have the FZ30 battery in the camera so then only the 9000 would be dead and you will still have the FZ30 battery
Quote:

Now that you've brought it up I started worrying about leaving it on, which means I probably WILL leave it on sometime - LOL. Would hate draining either battery unnecessarily.
Quote:
I found my self leaving it on much more than I thought and there is one more problem with the packs..even if you do turn off the camera somehow it still draws on the external battery, enough to drain it over a few days.
Quote:
So the best policy would be to unplug the DPS9000 when not in use.
Quote:
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2005, 11:01 PM   #13

genese,

Thank you so much for all the info - really valuable to me.

This is the first time I have ever used a forum - it's people like you who make it a wonderful experience.

Hope to get my FZ30 camera on Wed and by Friday should have all the assessories - can hardly wait.....

Margot ;-)
Margotd42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:51 AM   #14

Good luck ..I am sure you will enjoy the FZ30....Its a great camera.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote