Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 30, 2005, 4:40 AM   #1

I have not posted any items here so please forgive me if I made mistakes.

I am new to all matters digitaland, as I am partially color blind, I have to rely on the right camera setting - but what isright?

I realize none would be appropriate for all situationes, and the scene modes don't cater for my photographical style.

I shoot mostly in Programme AE mode. In cloudy conditiones for land or seascapes I use cloudy white balance, whichis mostly too pink for my wife. If I use auto white balance, it is often too blue for me.

For macro and close-ups in shade und under tree canopy I use cloudy white balance, and frequently the results are tinted red.

How do you people set your camera? Also, what color effect and saturation settings do you use?

Ihave a FZ30 and over-all pleasedwith the results. I am sure, trial and persistence will solve the little perplexeties.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers moxi
Moxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2005, 7:18 AM   #2

Moxi wrote:
Quote:
I have not posted any items here so please forgive me if I made mistakes.

I am new to all matters digitaland, as I am partially color blind, I have to rely on the right camera setting - but what isright?

I realize none would be appropriate for all situationes, and the scene modes don't cater for my photographical style.

I shoot mostly in Programme AE mode. In cloudy conditiones for land or seascapes I use cloudy white balance, whichis mostly too pink for my wife. If I use auto white balance, it is often too blue for me.

For macro and close-ups in shade und under tree canopy I use cloudy white balance, and frequently the results are tinted red.

How do you people set your camera? Also, what color effect and saturation settings do you use?

Ihave a FZ30 and over-all pleasedwith the results. I am sure, trial and persistence will solve the little perplexeties.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers moxi
What is right is what you like. I find on bright sunny days that the image is too blue I have the W/B set to one click to the red or left side. On cloudy days I am pleased with the standard results. I have exposure bias at - 1/3 and sharpness set to high. I leave the other controls set to standard.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"HTH
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote