Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 1, 2005, 8:52 PM   #1

I am very concerned anout spending $700.00 on this camera after reading all this stuff about the high noise issue. I have an FZ10 right now and am satisfied with the noise levels at 50iso. How much worse does it get with the FZ30?
tony3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2005, 9:35 PM   #2

by all accounts, the FZ30 is not appreciably noisier than the FZ10/15 at low ISO settings... it's about on par with the FZ20, which is VERY slightly noisier than your FZ10. but unless you use ISO200 or above a lot, you'd probably never notice it.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:36 AM   #3

Amen. Scout around the rest of the posts you'll get the scoop, the whole scoop, and nuthin but the scoop! We beat this subject to death already...:lol:

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 7:47 PM   #4

hey mate

i just bought the f30 and so far i am very happpy with it. like squirl said i use it mainly at iso 80,100. Although i have done a few at 200 and its nothig nneat image cant fix

its an awesome cam and man did i under estimate its size. Maual zoom and focus rings are awesome i love the cam
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:08 PM   #5

I sleep with the FZ30 near my bed (got a studio apt.) and it keeps me up all night! (cause of the noise! - a little joke, I know, I know - very little). I am just kidding. The noise is a real non issue, unless you are shooting at ISO 400, and you can. I have been doing it purposefully so when I pp it, I convert it to b&w and it looks like the old Tri-X pics from Kodak. It is a good luck. If you are good with your photo software, you really can make the photo shine as a fine art print. Don't knock the noise, noise does not always = bad. Noise can be good. Use it to your advantage. If you already have an FZ10, you will be thrilled with the improvements of the FZ30 (the difference is like the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it!). Also keep in mind you have a digital file which will for all purposes last a lifetime. I bet that in a few years there will be even better programs to enhance photos. Just get the image, worry about everything else later. With the FZ30 you can get the image that you want, btw the quick start up times, to the quick card write times, the camera is a Godsend. Just get it already!!!!!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 1:46 AM   #6

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
I sleep with the FZ30 near my bed (got a studio apt.) and it keeps me up all night! (cause of the noise! - a little joke, I know, I know - very little). I am just kidding. The noise is a real non issue, unless you are shooting at ISO 400, and you can. I have been doing it purposefully so when I pp it, I convert it to b&w and it looks like the old Tri-X pics from Kodak. It is a good luck. If you are good with your photo software, you really can make the photo shine as a fine art print. Don't knock the noise, noise does not always = bad. Noise can be good. Use it to your advantage. If you already have an FZ10, you will be thrilled with the improvements of the FZ30 (the difference is like the difference between shooting a bullet and throwing it!). Also keep in mind you have a digital file which will for all purposes last a lifetime. I bet that in a few years there will be even better programs to enhance photos. Just get the image, worry about everything else later. With the FZ30 you can get the image that you want, btw the quick start up times, to the quick card write times, the camera is a Godsend. Just get it already!!!!!
See? This is what we'd all say, but you got from a woman in New Yawk...so fawgeddabowdit! :arrow::Gbuy it before Nancy comes to tawk to you...(yes, the Panasonic forum really really IS where the cool peeple hang out...)(some of us only have a day pass)

Kd

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2005, 6:41 AM   #7

I have a FZ10 (for only a few days before it ll be sold) and i bought 2 weeks ago the FZ30 to use a discount code of a shop.

I have to say i see some noise (in a blue sky for example)when iwatch pictures in full size on my 24" screen 16/10 2405FPW Dell.

But when i fit picture to screen it s hard to see it. Let say i not see it. And when you print in A4 (21cmX29.7cm) you not see it.

The pictures show a better quality. I already ordered some batteries, a macro Raynox DCR-250 (had it 1 hour ago weeeeeee :-)) and i wait SD cards, a filter hoya Super HMC Pro 1 UV(o) and a 3X zoom lens (some say it ll be bad but let s hope..).

All this listing to explain thateven the FZ30 has some bad sides :

- this little noise problem

- AC wall adapter like on the FZ10 no more here

- battery price 3 X the FZ10 batteries price

- i am not sure a manual zoom is more easy to use or faster (but could becaus ei am left hand or because i need pratice).

Even those things you ll not come back to FZ10 because quality of picture is better and the faster start time is really really precious. And remember that if you think now to upgrade your cam you ll think to it more and more with the time. You can sell a FZ10 easy now but it ll be less easy in 1 or 2 years. think to that .
mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote