Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 11, 2005, 10:38 AM   #11

IN My Honest Opinion and

For what its worth ...I find Lovelifes assessment of the FZ30 totally inacurate..

I also have the FZ10 and the focus speed and accuracyand picture quality of the FZ30 is heads above the FZ10...Maybe its his choice of filters or maybe he has a bad camera.

I understand that we each have different needs in a camera ...but from the first day with the FZ30 it was very apparent to me that the FZ30 was a great improvement over the FZ10 and FZ20.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 12:14 PM   #12

genece wrote:
Quote:

IN My Honest Opinion and

For what its worth ...I find Lovelifes assessment of the FZ30 totally inacurate..

I also have the FZ10 and the focus speed and accuracyand picture quality of the FZ30 is heads above the FZ10...Maybe its his choice of filters or maybe he has a bad camera.

I understand that we each have different needs in a camera ...but from the first day with the FZ30 it was very apparent to me that the FZ30 was a great improvement over the FZ10 and FZ20.

Well, my friend...whoever said "great minds think alike" obviously knew what they were talking about.My experience with the 30 parallels yours, and we both concede different people may have different needs in a camera. My compliments to you for your objective and helpful suggestions in this and other posts. I thought your evaluation and comment on the shutter speed/motion warning topic was good reading, I went back and looked at some of my slow shutter speed shots and found your comments made sense. Good work...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:04 PM   #13

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Wow,

The the defense of this camera ever rest with you? I find what LoveLife has to share has a great deal better weight than what you have had to offer both in knowledge and results.

The FZ camera line does have "noise" and is very poor in low light situations (ie. high school wrestling for one). When the light is good it is definitely one that gets excellent results.

It is good you love your camera but LoveLife makes some very valid points to contend with your point of view. You make jest of it in defense of your choice.I am with LoveLife. I happen to own and use the FZ1v2, FZ10 and the FZ20. The FZ1v2 kicks can period. Obviously, that is my opinion based on using all three quite extensively. I also have a DSLR and a 35mm as well. I don't need a suggestion in getting another camera.

The most obvious solution whenever you have purchased an item, especially a high tech toy like the Pana FZ 30...and you find it to fall short of your expectations, is simplicity itself! RETURN it..or SELL it, and start somewhere else. Where do you see this advice defending the FZ 30? For me...and a ton of other folk who love this instrument, it's a match made in heaven. Man, go argue with your wife, and get off my case. Chill out. Best regards,
Quote:
KennethD

Quite themature response. I am not married and I am not on your case.Keep the suggestions coming.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote