Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 11, 2005, 11:14 PM   #11

genece,

The eyes have it in this shot. How close where you in this shot? If the background were blurred a bit more it would give this picture and even better look.

msantos,

I like the pose here and the model (possibly your beautiful wife?). Just looks a bit soft.

KennethD,

Definitely like the last shot posted.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:41 AM   #12

HarjTT

This link should take you to my online pana fz30 album (just a few of the hundreds of pics I have taken in the last 3 weeks). There's a couple of macros in there. Yellow flowers area bit 'soft' butI like them. The stick insect is called Cedric. Fireworks wre taken with camera's fireworks scene mode, handheld - I was about half a mile from the display.

Cheers, Chris.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wak...82&.src=ph
wakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 12:07 PM   #13

Gene, Kenneth, Msantos & wakeman

Thanks for posting the shots and the links to your galleries. Looks as if the FZ30 is more than useable for landscape and portrait work - has anyone tried it with warm up filters such as an 81c?

Gene - the little girl shot is very good and I agree with vZ - a little more DOF and was cropped a wee bit closer it would be spot on.

Kenneth - The last 3 landscape picts are pretty good indeed esp the last shot.

Msantos - for a first time portrait shot that wasn't bad at all.

Chris - Shot 27 of the very lovely looking bride in the car is spot on for a portrait.

The skin tones from the FZ30 look spot on - my FZ10 is always hit or miss. Can;t see any real noise in the picts either. I've just recently started to test NeatImage and I think it would clear up any noise pretty easily. Are you guys shooting in RAW ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:G :|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 4:51 PM   #14

Hi,

I'm also a new fz30 user, and this is one of the first few shots I took with it. I don't really like the composition, but I was impressed with the detail of the forground/goose, considering I was using the maximum zoom. I can send you the full size pic if you want...

Rob
Attached Images

RobShepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:44 AM   #15

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Gene, Kenneth, Msantos & wakeman

Thanks for posting the shots and the links to your galleries. Looks as if the FZ30 is more than useable for landscape and portrait work - has anyone tried it with warm up filters such as an 81c?

Gene - the little girl shot is very good and I agree with vZ - a little more DOF and was cropped a wee bit closer it would be spot on.

Kenneth - The last 3 landscape picts are pretty good indeed esp the last shot.

Msantos - for a first time portrait shot that wasn't bad at all.

Chris - Shot 27 of the very lovely looking bride in the car is spot on for a portrait.

The skin tones from the FZ30 look spot on - my FZ10 is always hit or miss. Can;t see any real noise in the picts either. I've just recently started to test NeatImage and I think it would clear up any noise pretty easily. Are you guys shooting in RAW ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:G :|

It's always fun to be able to declare a reason for more FZ 30 time, and you are very welcome Harjtt. I am just begining to experiment with raw and none of the ones I posted here were processed at all, except for a little cropping (in some) and resizing for the site. I did a little experimenting with macro shots, but was not happy with any of my tries so I'll wait and get some practice, then post those. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:06 AM   #16

1st try at a moon shot
Attached Images

TWO2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:44 AM   #17

Did the FZ30 take that moon picture? I just got my FZ30. Did you take it with the 420mm zoom or an add on?
Stump1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 12:06 PM   #18

I took it w/ fz30 and tcon 17

1/250 sec

f3.7

4x digi zoom on... 48x zoom

iso-80

pattern mode

manual

hand held braced
TWO2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:04 PM   #19

A good shot of the moon but has some CA showing up.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:39 PM   #20

Hi HarjTT, Here's a couple of my lastest macros'. Jim
Attached Images

tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote