Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:59 AM   #1

Also along with the Lynx series, I took some DF shots.

Same set up as before. Appreciate any comments please. Thanks!

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, Ext bounce flash, F8, ISO 50, 1/200s

#1: The DF has landed

#2: DF Right side

#3: DF Left side
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 12, 2005, 3:34 AM   #2

Beautiful photos. Can you tell me what the 6T and the Sigma CU is? What adapters did you need to put it all together? I have theFZ20Panasonic and some 3rd world unnamed macro with which I have to be within an inch of a Butterfly or Dragonfly in order to focus.That is nearly impossible unless you have a blind Butterfly.Also, I can't use the onboard flash because the lens blocks the flash. I was thinking of getting a Canon 20D with a 180mm macro in order to get photos. But it looks like you have the equipment to do it right with the Panasonic. How far away from the subject can you get? and what kind of flash do you have. Does the FZ10 have to have that crazy adapter to make it all fit like the FZ20? The adapter makes it so the camera has to be way too close to the subject. Ilike to take photos of spiders too and I have to get so close they just hop on the lens and run around the edge.

Nicky
nicky-davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 5:48 AM   #3

Gorgeous shots!*
DougG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:50 AM   #4

Thanks DougG!

nicky-davis wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful photos. Can you tell me what the 6T and the Sigma CU is? What adapters did you need to put it all together? I have theFZ20Panasonic and some 3rd world unnamed macro with which I have to be within an inch of a Butterfly or Dragonfly in order to focus.That is nearly impossible unless you have a blind Butterfly.Also, I can't use the onboard flash because the lens blocks the flash. I was thinking of getting a Canon 20D with a 180mm macro in order to get photos. But it looks like you have the equipment to do it right with the Panasonic. How far away from the subject can you get? and what kind of flash do you have. Does the FZ10 have to have that crazy adapter to make it all fit like the FZ20? The adapter makes it so the camera has to be way too close to the subject. Ilike to take photos of spiders too and I have to get so close they just hop on the lens and run around the edge.

Nicky
The FZ10 and FZ20 are very similar. I am using the Phayee adapter which allows me to use 62mm threads at the end. The nikon 6T and the Sigma Close up filter (CU) is a double element lens that allow you to magnify the images. With these CU lens, it allows you a larger working distance (WD:distance between lens and subject) and yet allows magnification of the subject. This WD also allow the ext flash to be used to illuminate the subject.

For the ability of the FZ, you can visit my photo gallery
http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/gallery/291327
http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/Macro%20Photography

You can see my setup:

Old Nov 13, 2005, 7:53 AM   #5
jcr

Super photos I must say

Nikon 6T I know it well, I own one of those...but that Sigma Close up filter, I would like to know better...Can Youplease give some details ? I wold like to know what is that combination working distance also.

...In my garden dragonflies don't come so close...and not so still...:sad:

jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:21 AM   #6

jcr wrote:
Quote:
Super photos I must say

Nikon 6T I know it well, I own one of those...but that Sigma Close up filter, I would like to know better...Can Youplease give some details ? I wold like to know what is that combination working distance also.

Thanks jcr!

The Sigma achromatic lens is a +1.6 dioptre double element lens similar to the Nikon 5T. Working distance by itself is 39cm. With the 6T its 19cm

Old Nov 13, 2005, 1:43 PM   #7
jcr

tchuanye wrote:
Quote:
jcr wrote:
Quote:
Super photos I must say

Thanks jcr!

The Sigma achromatic lens is a +1.6 dioptre double element lens similar to the Nikon 5T. Working distance by itself is 39cm. With the 6T its 19cm

So Tchuanye, why did you use this combinationbut not 6T plus 5T without the step-ring ? did I miss something ? or previously owned maybe ?
jcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:55 PM   #8

Wow, once again, excellent job.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:41 PM   #9

Incredible shots tchuanye!! Your macro work is over the top!thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:02 PM   #10

Those are fantastic shots! Some of the best macros I've seen! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote