Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 13, 2005, 6:20 AM   #1

Hi,

i changed my FZ10 for a silver FZ30 2 weeks ago. I just have from several shop the first items for it like SD cards, Hoya Super HMC Pro1 UV(0) lens, was hopping tomorrow morning the 3X lens.

So was making some street picture this morning when suddenly it stopped working.

No more the green power light. Battery Panasonic originalwas checked 5 minutes before and it was full at 75%.

Well i took it and wanted charge it again; Impossible....

I took a brand new one and charger worked prefect. So i made a try with this second battery and nothing more. The FZ30 doesn t power on.

Well as nothing felt or wasn t hurt i asked me what happen. I checked the battery hole and i see only 3 cooper (?)power contact... Isn t correct number 4?:shock:

All your advices welcome. Of course all is under the garanty but not fun if i must wait 3 month they repair it.:O

PS: let s hope the problem didn t kill same time the new2Gb 150X sd card i was using arghhhh.

Sorry to repeat myself but the AC wall charger of my FZ10 miss me at this time for this specific case.

mage813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:14 AM   #2

Geeze that isa bummer....There is one thing you said that makes me wonder what is wrong.

I got the idea you put the battery in the charger and the green light did not come on.

as you said impossible.... the light should come on when you insert the battery if only for a few seconds.

And you say only 3 contacts there should be 4 in the battery and in the charger,but only 3 in the camera.

Keep us posted please.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 9:39 AM   #3

Yes it seems the battery is dead. Because it s wasn t full one.

The contact on the battery are 4. 4 too in the charger ( charger works finewith other battery).

Ok, i m a little surprise when you say that 3 cooper contact is ok in the cam (battery hole) but i prefer that. Because i found nothing on the ground or inside the hole.

So i think something went wrong in the battery and could a "fuse" (not sure of the english name for that)in the cam cut the power if something happen with the battery.

Well it ll be a test toofor the A-data 2 Gb card... Bad to see that happen when i just took some shots of young teens gun in hand5 minutesfrom Paris.
Old Nov 13, 2005, 10:39 AM   #4

I am not sure but several people have reported leaving the battery out of the camera overnight has fixed some power up problems ...maybe you want to try that.

Maybe someone else has seen this before.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:03 AM   #5

My FZ1 shut down following a hard bump, and only external power in to that jack brought it back to operation. Now it works internal again too. Might have been a mechanical switch, or an electrical malfunction.
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 11:40 AM   #6

hmmm. i ll try. I just receive the bill (garanty) from the shop. if it doesn t work i ll use it.

The good news. My screen (i like it) the 2405FPW (24" 16/10 size LCD)Dell has several card readers on the side, one is for SD cards. After lot ressearch in home i found an USB cable and was able to install them under XP (simple if you have the cable).

The A-Data card 2Go works fine and pictures are safe:-) For those who asked about those 150X low price cards them seems ok (they not real 150X but they have a very good speed).

I had the feeling the screen reader worked much faster than my USB2 hub+ FZ30 USB cable... A real big difference.

Thanks all for your advices.
Old Nov 14, 2005, 4:26 AM   #7

morning here, i just made a try and no result.

i have an universal AC wall adapter 1amper 7.5 volt but asking me if try is good idea...

try with adapter : no result. i make work garanty.

Panasonic support called. they send me to a generic camsrepair shop in Paris...

So no idea when i ll have it back.

Had packet with the 3X lens for the FZ30 this morning.