Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 15, 2005, 1:55 AM   #1

I always use a neck strap .. I don't like wrist straps
Between my body and arm the camera is cradled.... this is how I protected my older heavy SLR's with long lenses and it works well with the FZXX's
You can walk fast and navigate crowd's with protection for the camera.

John
Attached Images

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 15, 2005, 6:35 PM   #2

Any reason for silver bodies boyzo?

Also thanks for posting this and the repost I missed on handheld shots with slow shutter speed. It helps a great deal when I turn the camera to portrait mode.

Appreciate all you have posted and shared so far.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 7:24 PM   #3

Hi Tom Silver well that was the shop demo and I did a cash deal besides ....LOL silver matches my Honda Prelude too . silver is cooler in the Sun. Its actually a Greyish Silver so its muted.

My camera holding technique works fine too with the FZ30 despite its bulk, as for the neck strap idea its very secure I think its an original idea it also makes you more Covert in that the Camera is NOT on your chest in full display it really does protect the camera without the need for bag and for a shot its right there in an instant... try it you will like it. the cradlying removes all weight from the neck so you can go all day with a bulky camera.

Cheers

John
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:04 PM   #4

Hey Boyzo... Did you have that left handed camera made special?? LOL

Wait a minute... yer from Down Under... The pic musta flipped coming up over...:blah:
TWO2956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:15 PM   #5

TWO2956 wrote:
Quote:
Hey Boyzo... Did you have that left handed camera made special?? LOL

Wait a minute... yer from Down Under... The pic musta flipped coming up over...:blah:
Yes its a special goes with my Left handed Honda
But no its all about a mirror image :blah::blah:
Old Nov 19, 2005, 5:54 AM   #6

Boyzo,

Do you find the sun reflects off the silver FZ30 into your eyes? That's a common problem I have with my FZ10, but it's a much more silvery colour than the "silver" FZ30.

I had originally thought that black was the idea colour until I thought about how hot it would get in the sun (yes, it's a very sunny place where I live). If the grey FZ30 stays cooler and doesn't dazzle the user, then that's an important consideration for when I finally give up and buy one.
anomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 4:18 PM   #7

anomaly wrote:
Quote:
Boyzo,

Do you find the sun reflects off the silver FZ30 into your eyes? That's a common problem I have with my FZ10, but it's a much more silvery colour than the "silver" FZ30.

I had originally thought that black was the idea colour until I thought about how hot it would get in the sun (yes, it's a very sunny place where I live). If the grey FZ30 stays cooler and doesn't dazzle the user, then that's an important consideration for when I finally give up and buy one.
The silver fz30 is not a problem for me in the sun, more a grey color.