Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 17, 2005, 10:57 AM   #11

Those indoor pictures don't look bad at all. I can't even notice any noise with the pictures resized like that.

Does anyone have any typical portrait shots, like the kind you take at a family get together or something?
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 12:24 PM   #12

Here is one example I took 15 days ago, just a snap shot
Attached Images

msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 1:49 PM   #13

Thanks! That looks good to me, even though it is kind of outdoors. Does the FZ20 have any problems with red eye?
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 2:02 PM   #14

Red eye? similar to any camera. I mean, it has red-eye reduction function in the flash, but if you use the flash withoutthis function, you will definitely have red eyes.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 5:44 PM   #15

comment on the remark of squirl033, who complains about the 'freezing-up' of the EVF/LCD: this behavior depends on the autofocus setting. In the 3-area autofocus setting, the freezing is present indeed, most clearly if the aperture needs to be adjusted, in other autofocus settings I could not determine any freezing-up of the EVF/LCD.
fz20_brt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 12:37 PM   #16

Don't forget the "Red Fringing" on high contrast images at apertures larger than f5.6 (ie f2.8 to f5.6). Very noticeable on 6x to 12x bird shots with dark branches against lighter backgrounds and also on moon shots. Unfortunate because 4.6 to 5.6 is said to be the sharpest zone of the lense. But why would you shoot the moon with an aperture lower than 6.5 anyway? And how often? Other long soom cameras also struggle with this.

WB issues - the camera wierds out, taking a green cast but most times I can see this in the viewfinder and just recompose (half click) to resample the image to avoid it. I see this more than I saw something similar on my old old Canon G1. I expect all the P&S digicams have a similar error at times.

Skin Tones too red/pinky. In general I find the camera pushes a red/magenta something or other that, with shots having a lot of skin, it becomes very noticeable.

The only thing I wish the FZ20 had is a 640x480 movie mode. There are times only a video tells a story. Otherwise I've had a ton of fun with this camera.

NewsyL is offline   Reply With Quote