Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 18, 2005, 8:25 PM   #11

rduve wrote:
Quote:
John. Congrats on your new camera. I am about to break down and get the FZ30 as well if I can fetch a good price for my FZ20 on ebay. I do have one question though: Is it just me or is there very visible noise all over that plant shot? At what ISO was it taken? How does the original look before resizing? Frankly, to me, that noise level, if that's what it is, is intolerable.

Addendum: After posting this, I scrolled through the sample images at http://www.dpreview.com/gallery/?gal...cfz30_samples/ and realized that they are gorgeous without any visible noise, so my panic has subsided. Whatever I see in the picture above must be artifacts caused by compression or resizing. I can't wait to get my FZ30 now.
rdvue my image is 3MP but also the Succulent actualy does have a grainy coloration its green with dots of grey.

My Zozto gallery is mostly 800 X 600 so yes some loss of image quality.

I don't upload 8MP images to Zoto I am on Dialup so its pretty slow.

The FZ30 won't disapoint if you are were happy with the FZ20 .... its super the best FLUZI

John
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:39 PM   #12

Thanks, John. I am looking forward to get my new toy. I loved my FZ20 and still do. I thought its image quality was fantastic, so I am getting the FZ30 more for its improved handling and added features anyway. Those pics on dpreview are awesome, just stay away from ISO 400, I guess.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:45 PM   #13

Here is a ISO 400 shot from the dpreview site run through Neat Image, not too bad after all. I think cameras like the Fuji S9000 just have a more aggressive on-board noise reduction processing than the FZ30, and it's not the senor itself....
Attached Images

Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:53 PM   #14

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Here is a ISO 400 shot from the dpreview site run through Neat Image, not too bad after all. I think cameras like the Fuji S9000 just have a more aggressive on-board noise reduction processing than the FZ30, and it's not the senor itself....
Yes agree and a sweet lady too ;-) my guess she is from CA
Old Nov 19, 2005, 12:23 AM   #15

I am not sure. I think she is British, looking at the other pics on dpreview, I think that's where they are located. The girls in California are even hotter, my friend...

:?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 6:04 PM   #16

rduve wrote:
Quote:
I am not sure. I think she is British, looking at the other pics on dpreview, I think that's where they are located. The girls in California are even hotter, my friend...

:?
Girls in CA even hotter rduve I have to agree with you been there of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder......
All pics FZ1

You will love the FZ30...