Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:11 PM   #11

Those look professional. Definately postcard material!
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 2:51 PM   #12

Excellent shots.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 4:55 PM   #13

That 2nd shot is at 12x zoom yet razor sharp and low noise--these Leica lenses never fail to amaze me!

Great shots!
pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 5:15 PM   #14

very nice, even without moonlight.
Did you use a "star effect" filter our pp tool?
Sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:47 PM   #15
spy

Thank you again for your comments. There are a number of questions so I'll address each one.

-Milrodpxpx, unfortunately at the time I was in that area there was not a lot of traffic which would allow for that steady stream of traffic through the whole picture. The settings of the camera were set to allow for the longest open shutter posible, which for the FZ20 is only 8 seconds long. This is achieved setting the F stop to 8.0 and adjusting the ISO to 200.

-Pmjwright, though I had taken the 2nd picture at 12x zoom, my first shot of that pic was taken with ISO 200. I noticed far too much noise in that pic and adjusted the ISO to 100 which cut down the noise considerably.

-Seemolf, I did not use a 'star filter' as you can achieve this look straight out of the camera but only setting the F stop to 8.0 and of course taking the shot at night or in low light like an early sunrise or other situation where there is not a lot of natural light.
spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:40 PM   #16

spy wrote:
Quote:
Thank you again for your comments. There are a number of questions so I'll address each one.

-Milrodpxpx, unfortunately at the time I was in that area there was not a lot of traffic which would allow for that steady stream of traffic through the whole picture. The settings of the camera were set to allow for the longest open shutter posible, which for the FZ20 is only 8 seconds long. This is achieved setting the F stop to 8.0 and adjusting the ISO to 200.

-Pmjwright, though I had taken the 2nd picture at 12x zoom, my first shot of that pic was taken with ISO 200. I noticed far too much noise in that pic and adjusted the ISO to 100 which cut down the noise considerably.

-Seemolf, I did not use a 'star filter' as you can achieve this look straight out of the camera but only setting the F stop to 8.0 and of course taking the shot at night or in low light like an early sunrise or other situation where there is not a lot of natural light.
Thanks for the reply spy! I'm looking forward to taking some nice night shots as well, i hope they turn out as nice as yours! I've gotta pick up a tripod, anyone want to chime in on an inexpensive one i should look for? (under $50) I got the fz30 a couple of weeks ago and have really enjoyed getting to know how to use it!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 6:32 PM   #17
spy

Hey glad to help! I bought my tripod at London Drugs, Calgary/Canada. Don't know where you live but it was priced at $100.00 but because it was the demo model I got it for $49.00. It is a super deluxe HAKUBA S-6000 model. I only wanted to buy once and get something nice and solid just incase I go to a Digital SLR and need something strong to handle the weight.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 3:44 PM   #18

Love these shots...weather is just so good right now, these inspire me to shoot a few to see how mine will compare. I doubt I can match these beauties, but the neat thing about this site is it's a goldmine of good ideas, and we live in the same city...so...I reckon I'll give'r a try. Best regards,

KennethD
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 10:59 PM   #19
spy

I'm sure you'll shoot some good ones. Calgary has so many great places for pics.:|