Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2
Default

I got just received my FZ30 and have a couple of questions about accessories and the best place to buy them.

It seems the consensus for the minimum accessories should be UV filter, skylight filter, extra batteries.

How about the lens cap? Should I replace it with one that has a strap (otherwise I'll probably lose it for sure) or is there a strap available which will somehow attach to the OEM lens cap.

Batteries: I usually like to stick with OEM batteries. All I see on eBay is not OEM.

Screen protector the LCD screen: anyone using one? I was thinking about cutting down a screen protector I have for my PDA. Will that be OK?

Any recommendations on best places to get these accessories in the U.S.?




norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

norbert wrote:
Quote:
I got just received my FZ30 and have a couple of questions about accessories and the best place to buy them.

It seems the consensus for the minimum accessories should be UV filter, skylight filter, extra batteries.
Quote:
One filter or the other my suggestion would be a UV filter and perhaps a Polarizer
Quote:

How about the lens cap? Should I replace it with one that has a strap (otherwise I'll probably lose it for sure) or is there a strap available which will somehow attach to the OEM lens cap.
Quote:
The lens cap will work and you can buy leashes or make one yourself
Quote:

Batteries: I usually like to stick with OEM batteries. All I see on eBay is not OEM.
Quote:
I can understand but 3rd party batteries are just as good
Quote:

Screen protector the LCD screen: anyone using one? I was thinking about cutting down a screen protector I have for my PDA. Will that be OK?
Quote:
I do not see much point in a protector but
Quote:

Any recommendations on best places to get these accessories in the U.S.?






Filters

http://www.2filter.com/prices/catalog.html



And batteries

http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas006.htm
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:24 AM.