Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:33 PM   #1

I got just received my FZ30 and have a couple of questions about accessories and the best place to buy them.

It seems the consensus for the minimum accessories should be UV filter, skylight filter, extra batteries.

How about the lens cap? Should I replace it with one that has a strap (otherwise I'll probably lose it for sure) or is there a strap available which will somehow attach to the OEM lens cap.

Batteries: I usually like to stick with OEM batteries. All I see on eBay is not OEM.

Screen protector the LCD screen: anyone using one? I was thinking about cutting down a screen protector I have for my PDA. Will that be OK?

Any recommendations on best places to get these accessories in the U.S.?

norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2005, 3:49 PM   #2

norbert wrote:
Quote:
I got just received my FZ30 and have a couple of questions about accessories and the best place to buy them.

It seems the consensus for the minimum accessories should be UV filter, skylight filter, extra batteries.
Quote:
One filter or the other my suggestion would be a UV filter and perhaps a Polarizer
Quote:

How about the lens cap? Should I replace it with one that has a strap (otherwise I'll probably lose it for sure) or is there a strap available which will somehow attach to the OEM lens cap.
Quote:
The lens cap will work and you can buy leashes or make one yourself
Quote:

Batteries: I usually like to stick with OEM batteries. All I see on eBay is not OEM.
Quote:
I can understand but 3rd party batteries are just as good
Quote:

Screen protector the LCD screen: anyone using one? I was thinking about cutting down a screen protector I have for my PDA. Will that be OK?
Quote:
I do not see much point in a protector but
Quote:

Any recommendations on best places to get these accessories in the U.S.?

Filters

http://www.2filter.com/prices/catalog.html

And batteries

http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas006.htm
genece is offline   Reply With Quote