Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:34 AM   #31

21.2mm (equ 127mm)
Attached Images

jrozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 6:36 AM   #32

and 26.8 (equ 161 mm)
I stopped here. It doen'st make sense to zoom further in with a wide angle....

Attached Images

Old Dec 18, 2005, 1:41 PM   #33

Thanks for the follow-up at higher zooms. The schneider continues to look like a very good wa match with the fz5.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 2:31 PM   #34

I really don't see any interest in zooming with a wide angle ....

A wide angle is used basicaly to "dezoom":blah:, when you take photos with a zoom you should just remove the wide angle converter....

I think that there is no really problem with you wide angle converter, when used as it should be (the first image) it looks great. :-)
danm_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2005, 3:00 PM   #35

danm_cool wrote:
Quote:

A wide angle is used basicaly to "dezoom":blah:, when you take photos with a zoom you should just remove the wide angle converter....

I think that there is no really problem with you wide angle converter, when used as it should be (the first image) it looks great. :-)
Yes and no : sometimes the widest angle is a bit too wide (36 x 0.7=25.2 mm), so zooming a little bit (ie up to 40 mmx0.7=28mm or a bit higher) can be useful to adjust the composition and/or the perspective of the picture... anyway this add-on lens allows it, as shown on the pics I took this morning, and it's a real good choice. I'm really happy to share this discovery
Old Dec 18, 2005, 11:11 PM   #36

jrozen,

Thanks for the update. It does look like you found yourself a good one. And I agree with you and several others that from time to time it is beneficial to have a WA that will zoom a little bit.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 4:03 AM   #37

Having a WA being able to zoom within the range 25mm-35mm is a good thing, actually. It allows more choice for placing the camera ...
You can use the stock adapter as is, no need to shorten it. Now, I keep the adaptor attached on the Wide Angle, and when I need it, I use the bayonet. Very easy. Very quick.
And it's much less expensive than the Panasonic WA made for the FZ30 ($250 or so)....
(I'm paid neither by Kodak nor by Schneider:G)
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:51 PM   #38

jrozen wrote:
Quote:
danm_cool wrote:
Quote:

Yes and no : sometimes the widest angle is a bit too wide (36 x 0.7=25.2 mm), so zooming a little bit (ie up to 40 mmx0.7=28mm or a bit higher) can be useful to adjust the composition and/or the perspective of the picture... anyway this add-on lens allows it, as shown on the pics I took this morning, and it's a real good choice. I'm really happy to share this discovery
Well, I agree with you, but jrozen is zooming a lot beyond 28 mm..... and that doesn't seem toousefull to me...

Cheers
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:55 PM   #39

jrozen wrote:
Quote:
Having a WA being able to zoom within the range 25mm-35mm is a good thing, actually. It allows more choice for placing the camera ...
You can use the stock adapter as is, no need to shorten it. Now, I keep the adaptor attached on the Wide Angle, and when I need it, I use the bayonet. Very easy. Very quick.
And it's much less expensive than the Panasonic WA made for the FZ30 ($250 or so)....
Can you tell me if you can make pictures using the flash, at night or low light conditions?

I own an olympus wide angle, and using it when there is no light is impossible; as it is too large and it covers the flash ofthe fz5.

Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:55 PM   #40

jrozen wrote:
Quote:
Can you tell me if you can make pictures using the flash, at night or low light conditions?

I own an olympus wide angle, and using it when there is no light is impossible; as it is too large and it covers the flash ofthe fz5.

Thanks