Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 25, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

Hey guys

I am going to some drag racing in a couple of weeks and i want to get some shots right next to the start line. There is massive vibration being so close to the cars that im concerned that it might damage the OIS.

I called pana and asked them but as usual they know nothing. I took some shots from the dags earlier this year with my dscw5 (sony) but bcse tht has no ois i wasnt worried.

Does anyone have any idea if this will be ok. Should i just turn it off when shooting so close to the cars.

dont want to break the new cam

thanks
KEN
Aucks, NZ
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 25, 2005, 6:49 PM   #2

Ken, At the CES show in Las Vegas last year Panasonic had a FZ20 set up on a vibrating platform and the video out to a monitor to show how the IS would stabilize the signal. This was set up to run for 12 hrs a day with no apparent ill affects! I would try it and if it works it shouldn't be a problem! Your body will probably be absorbing most of the vibration anyway! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 9:15 PM   #3

ahh ok

yea i am only concerned bcse my sony handy cam image is all blurry and shakey when the car is close to the cam. these cars thunder. i can see what it does to my handicam i just dont want it to damage the pana.

but yea i see what you are saying about the fz20

cheers

Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:36 AM   #4

Just a guess but I have seen top fuel and funny car pictures taken with the FZ20 so my guess is it will not hurt anything.

When I saw them I never thought about the ground shaking but they were very clear so the IS must have worked.

Maybe you could PM this guy

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...light=top+fuel

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 3:54 PM   #5

genece wrote:
Quote:
Just a guess but I have seen top fuel and funny car pictures taken with the FZ20 so my guess is it will not hurt anything.

When I saw them I never thought about the ground shaking but they were very clear so the IS must have worked.

Maybe you could PM this guy

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...light=top+fuel

thanks very much, i have just now

cheers
ken
aUCKS, nz