Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 29, 2005, 10:01 PM   #1

Much of my family (25 of us) gathered on the southern tip of Topsail Island, NC to be together for Thanksgiving. My FZ5took about 700 shots (no burst).Full 100 shot series with the FZ5 in various situations at http://www.ishots.net/thanksgiving05/index_lb.html The white balance was set to cloudy as usual. Setting it to auto might have helped on some of the non-flash indoor shots but not much, IMO. Not a big issue anyway, IMO. Some samples below.

FZ5 2x w/ Olympus b-macro +3 diopter close-up lens from about 12"

FZ5 12x w/ Ricoh TC200M 1.5x teleconverter lens from about1500 ft

FZ5 1x w/ Raynox dcr6600 .66x wide angle converter from about as far as you can see

FZ5 1x in macro mode from about 2 ft. My hand and my father's and sister's during the Thanksgiving prayer.

FZ5 1x; 7-shot stitched pano.

FZ5 6x w/ flash from. This isNOT the turkey!

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:18 AM   #2

Very good photos Fred, it's good to have family together for holidays. I epically like the clouds in number 3.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 12:37 AM   #3

Nice Thanksgiving photos Fred. Had not seen any post from you in a while, now we know why. Very nice place to have a family gathering too. Sunset is niceand I saw one beside it on your sight that knocked my socks off too. - Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 5:12 AM   #4

Hi Fred,

the endless sky is my favourite!

I like panos too, but they are sleeping on my harddisk. I found a local printing service lately, who transfers these shots to some kind of canvas eg. 2m long!

My next pano will be in portrait formats and stichted in highest quality. I was shooting in landscape mode since my old canon A70 days, but there is no reason for this behavior!

Sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2005, 7:40 PM   #5

Very nice Fred! That sky shot is a winner! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 6:25 AM   #6

Very nice

are also interesting
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2005, 2:08 PM   #7

Thanks for the comments. I took quite few shots of this sunset. Here is another at 6x zoom not included in the original set.

Narmer - The thumbs work nicely. Were you able to copy and paste with the link to the medium jpg file in place or did you paste the thumb and then link it ot the medium jpg url? That was the only way I could do it. Porta is an excellent free web album creator but it runs off java script and thus a simple copy and paste of the thumbnail will not work as far as I know.

[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote