Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:22 PM   #1

Your review of the FZ30 made me suspicious, Steve. Not ONE word about the bad noise behaviour of this camera at higher ISO (or even low ISO) settings (all other reviewers wrote about it), NO high ISO example pictures (you always publish them). Why? I hope you didn't get payed for this review...

johnvanhulst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 2, 2005, 6:59 PM   #2

If you look through this forum and actually read some posts here by the users, you'll find that the FZ30 doesn't really have that much more noise than competing cameras. Perhaps other reviewers made a big deal about it because there was little else they could complain about. It's a great camera, and Steve reviewed it such.
Nizidramanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 7:11 PM   #3

Your suggestion is ridiculous. And hopefully there are no further replies to this "trolls" post.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:57 AM   #4

Amen
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 10:18 PM   #5

johnvanhulst wrote:
Quote:
Your review of the FZ30 made me suspicious, Steve. Not ONE word about the bad noise behaviour of this camera at higher ISO (or even low ISO) settings (all other reviewers wrote about it), NO high ISO example pictures (you always publish them). Why? I hope you didn't get payed for this review...
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz30/
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 12:43 PM   #6

I read this reviev. And the review on

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pa...ew/index.shtml

I know my suggestion (being paid for) seems ridiculous. It might be self-censure for whatever reason. Still I wonder why the high noise problem isn't mentioned. And the noise really is worse than the competition in the same high resolution ultra zoom class.

Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:52 PM   #7

You must have read a different review than I did. Here's a quote from Steve's review.
There has been alot of fuss about the FZ30's noise levels when using ISO speeds of 200 or higher. When we first posted our review of this model, we did not comment much on this subject as we did not feel that the levels were dramatically higher than similar models. Overall the noise levels do increase as the ISO sensitivity is raised - just like you see on almost any camera - with ISO 400 being the worst. Therefore, we do not feel that the FZ30 suffers from "horrible noise issues" like many people have been saying. Judge for yourself by looking out our set of samples from ISO 80 to 400 at both f/8.0 and f/11.0, on our samples page.

On his sample page, he shows the same photo from ISO 80 to ISO 400. His recommendation is "judge for yourself", so what's your beef?
Bezmongol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:32 AM   #8

Hi,

The clue is the sentence "when we first posted this review". When I started this topic this paragraph of the review wasn't there, the higher ISO shots have been added later as well...
Let's stop this discussion now. Judge for yourself is the right conclusion.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 7:34 AM   #9

Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:51 PM   #10

See below.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote