Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2005, 12:36 PM   #11

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Betty - This and the house finch are both excellent as usual from the fz1 in your very capable hands.

For those interested in getting one of the light weight oly tcons, consider the 52mm c-210 1.9x, which Ibelieve BJ also has. Currently on ebay starting at $9.95 + $3 s/h. The c-210 often requires some cropping due to dark corners but at < $20 it is a steal.
Hay Fred,

What would you think of the c-180? It's right in the middle at 1.7x and the same price. Do all three of them have the same size rear element and thread size? Like you said for the price I'm thinking why not get one for my FZ3!

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 1:14 PM   #12

Brett - I have the c180 and c210. The c210 is about 1/4" longer; same rear pupil diameter; slightly larger front pupil. The c210 comes equipped with a retractable sunshield attached to the lenshousing. The c180 doesn't have that.There is more light losswith the c210 - sunshield wasn't a factor here. Same 52mm threads on all.

FZ5 12x

FZ5 12x w/ oly c180 1.7

FZ5 12x w/ oly c210 1.9x

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:04 PM   #13

As always Fred, Very Helpful! Looks like the c-180 would be the best fit for what I am thinking of. Then again maybe just get them both :idea:

Thanks,

-Brett

Well I just "won" my c-180 on ebay. Now to send them payment and then try to wait patiently :roll:for UPS man.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:54 PM   #14

Well, Brett, I was going to bid on that C-180 that you got. I figured someone here was bidding on it and wondered who! I decided to be "polite" and bid on the one that closes tomorrow instead .
bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 11:48 PM   #15

Thanks for turning me on to these Olympus teleconverters. Seems like a cheaper alternative to the Tcon's and Raynox lenses and picture looks pretty clean. Does anyone know how these work with the FZ30 on the 55/52 TRing. I am thinking about getting the c-180 or c-210.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 12:07 AM   #16

bejoweth wrote:
Quote:
Well, Brett, I was going to bid on that C-180 that you got. I figured someone here was bidding on it and wondered who! I decided to be "polite" and bid on the one that closes tomorrow instead .
I thank you for that very much. It would seem they are going to ship this two day UPS! Wow, for 3 bucks? I ordered two filters and a 55-52 step ring from ebay and those three things cost me more then twice what I have paid for the lens.

This should be fun. I hope you get your 180!! I may go back for a wcon-8, but I'm really lusting after the raynox 6600.:?Must not click mouse, must not click mouse...

Thanks for your inspiring photos.

-Brett

I almost forgot, both the bald eagles were out today sitting there taunting me to take a pic, I need lens!!

Old Dec 9, 2005, 8:56 AM   #17

I tried the Oly C160 on my Oly C2100 camera and it doesn't work nearly as well as it does on the FZ1 for some reason. The TCON 17 works perfectly on the Oly C2100 so go with the advice you got on another post from those who advise using theTCON 17 onthe FZ30 . (I would use the TCON 17 on my FZ1 but it seems just too heavy for the small camera, and I don't even know the C160 is attached!)
bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 10:41 AM   #18

Got it. Thanks. Well, I wasn't even planning to get an extra tele lens. If anything, zoom power is not what the FZ30 lacks, especially with the "extended optical zoom" feature. But I figured, for $10, what the heck? So, I put in a bid on ebay and see what comes of it. Will post my results when I get it.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote