Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 3, 2005, 2:21 PM   #1

If there are FZ1 users still here, I just got the C-160 from the Olympus eBay store for $9.95 + shipping.It seems to work well onthe FZ1 and is very light weight.

bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 3, 2005, 4:44 PM   #2

Nice closeup Bejoweth ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 5:27 PM   #3

That another great bird shot
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:17 PM   #4

BJW

The FZ1 is still such a cracking camera and the shots usually posted just prove it time and again. The oly + FZ1 combo seems to work a treat.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 12:04 AM   #5

Nice shot Bejoweth,

I see the c-160 seems to have 52mm mount, but have not been unable to find the factor for this lens. What is it's power? Seeing how well it worked for you on the 1 makes we think it could work equally as well for my FZ3. B&H has them in stock for only $19. Is this image full frame or did you need to crop it?

Thanks,

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 2:23 PM   #6

Brett, I was fairly close to the Mocker and the picture wasn't cropped much, if at all. The C-160 is 1.45X. It's real lightweight and works well on the FZ1. I'd think it would work just as well on the FZ3. You'd need a step down ring 55 - 52mm. I got the lens on the Oly eBay store for $9.95 + a little shipping. Go here and check them out:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Olympu...Q2d160QQsofpZ0
bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:58 PM   #7

Beautiful shot! Color and composition are excellent.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:04 AM   #8

Nice composition bejoweth,

I deactivated my C-180 tele some time ago - the "official" tests were not so good, but I managed to get some promissing shots with it. I will test it again - thanks for your advice! I have some heavy lenses, but will not carry a 14B lens around!

Sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 8:18 AM   #9

bejoweth wrote:
Quote:
Brett, I was fairly close to the Mocker and the picture wasn't cropped much, if at all. The C-160 is 1.45X. It's real lightweight and works well on the FZ1. I'd think it would work just as well on the FZ3. You'd need a step down ring 55 - 52mm. I got the lens on the Oly eBay store for $9.95 + a little shipping. Go here and check them out:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Olympu...Q2d160QQsofpZ0
Thanks for the info. For that price I may get one just to play around with it. Some day I plan on getting something a little more powerful like the DCR-1540 or even the T-CON 17. But that is after I getthe new 55mmHD-6600. This may be a good, cheap way to get just a little more reach.

Thanks again,

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 11:44 AM   #10

Betty - This and the house finch are both excellent as usual from the fz1 in your very capable hands.

For those interested in getting one of the light weight oly tcons, consider the 52mm c-210 1.9x, which Ibelieve BJ also has. Currently on ebay starting at $9.95 + $3 s/h. The c-210 often requires some cropping due to dark corners but at < $20 it is a steal.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote