Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 4, 2005, 4:33 PM   #1

I am about to sell my FZ20 and already ordered the FZ30. Does anyone know if I should include the extra FZ20 batteries in my sale or will they fit the Fz30? I noticed that some here said they fit, but they seem to be differently shaped, judging by the photos I have seen.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2005, 5:56 PM   #2

Anybody, anybody? The guy who wants to buy the fZ20 is about to come over. Should I include my spare battery for the FZ20 or will it work in the FZ30?
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:02 PM   #3

From what I have read the FZ20 batteries work in the FZ30 (with a little sponge to stop them rattling). Not sure if they fit in the recharger tho?

I purchased two extra batteries for my FZ30 from eBay at a total cost of £15 ($35?).

Chris
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:08 PM   #4

Seedubs wrote:
Quote:
From what I have read the FZ20 batteries work in the FZ30 (with a little sponge to stop them rattling). Not sure if they fit in the recharger tho?

I purchased two extra batteries for my FZ30 from eBay at a total cost of £15 ($35?).

Chris

Thanks, I appreciate it.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 9:55 PM   #5

Rduve, Yes the batteries for the FZ20 will work in the FZ30 and they will fit in the charger which is identical to the charger of the FZ20. All you need to do is place a small piece of sponge or other soft material in the battery compartment next to the battery so it doesn't come loose from the contacts. Hope this message got to you before the guy who was buying the camera! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:07 PM   #6

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Rduve, Yes the batteries for the FZ20 will work in the FZ30 and they will fit in the charger which is identical to the charger of the FZ20. All you need to do is place a small piece of sponge or other soft material in the battery compartment next to the battery so it doesn't come loose from the contacts. Hope this message got to you before the guy who was buying the camera! Jim

Yes, it did, Jim. Thank you. I kept the extra battery and probably will get an additional one, just in case.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 6:00 PM   #7

You can even forget the sponge. The FZ-20 battery works perfectly in the FZ-30.

I did the same, sold my FZ-15, keep my spare battery, bougth the FZ-30 and the battery works great.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:12 PM   #8

Rainer the FZ20 battery works fine in the FZ30 I have two also the old charger accepts the FZ30 battery so all up the pana designers did their homework.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote