Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 7, 2005, 2:53 PM   #1

Hi,
I am in love with my FZ30 and I am also in need of a little house cleaning, mainly vacuuming.
I have emailed Panasonic about this several times, most recently two days ago. I never received a reply from my first attempt at contacting, in early October.
I know I should have just called but I was a little busy and this wasn't high on my list of priorities. I looked at the lens the other day and realized that if I don't get it handled pretty soon I probably will have a haze on all of my images.

Does anyone know how I can really get some support from Panasonic?
thanks for looking, hope this doesn't scare you away from a really great camera.
wj

wymjym is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:21 PM   #2

I saw that at dpreview a little while ago...unbelievable

I can not believe that...do you have any idea how that could have happened?

I sure hope someone gets in touch with you.

That is a shame.

Good luck
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:21 PM   #3

Sorry about the double post
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:51 PM   #4

wow... what IS all that stuff? is it on the inside of the lens?? if so, i'd definitely be calling either panasonic or the dealer asking about warranty repair or replacement!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:24 PM   #5

WOW:O:O !!

That is seriously bad. Personally, I can't believe if those marks are inside the lens that they let that slip through QC. I'd take it straight back to the retailerand have them replace it with a new one. How long did it take to get like that ?

Cheers

HarjTT

:O
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:41 PM   #6

all that stuff is dust! it is on the inside of the lens, it took 3months two weeks to attain this level.
wj
wymjym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 4:57 PM   #7

Resembles tiny larvae and their chitin casing bits.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:22 PM   #8

wymjym wrote:
Quote:
all that stuff is dust! it is on the inside of the lens, it took 3months two weeks to attain this level.
wj
something's wrong with that camera, unless you live in an exceptionally dusty part of the world... the lens shouldn't be nearly that susceptible to dust infiltration. have you had a protective filter on the lens? that might have helped, though it shouldn't be necessary. in any case, i agree, that puppy needs to go back where it came from for a replacement!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:47 PM   #9

If the dust accumulated after the purchase I wonder if they will balk on covering it ! Unless of course it can be shown that the camera wasn't sealed properly allowing the dust to enter. It appears in the picture that there is a lot of debris outside the lens up to the left of the word Leica and more all around the outside of the lens !? This suggests to me that the camera or at least the lens was subjected to a dust and debris filled enviroment, with the possiblity of it actually being placed in contact with the debris! If the outside of my lens ever got that dirty I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of it had worked it's way into the camera ! Just an observation ! Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote