Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:12 AM   #11

RDV wrote:
Quote:
I magnified the shot of the lens and the particles inside look like some sort of shavings, chippings, or flaking. They don't appear to be the size, shape, or anything like the dust on the outside of the lens. I have a friend that carries his DSLR around in his truck seat to construction sites and is covered with dust on the outside but the inside of the lens is clear. I've had more dust than that on my camera in one day at a work site. This looks more like some sort of flaking caused by the lens barrel movement. I think I would be upset as well if I found this in my camera. I have a FZ20 over a year old that has been dusty on the outside but the lens is still free from particles inside.

If that's the case, the lens cover would not have made a difference and this is seriously defective.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:02 AM   #12

my eyes are tearing up (from laughter) that fellow is dirty.

as to my usage:
I also used a FZ20 for 6 months in the same invironment, in the same manner and it had no visible dust/dirt inside the lens. Sort of strange that the extending camera lens of the 20 didn't have the issue my 30 has.
I have been informed by Panasonic that something is awry and they will work with me to resolve the issue.
wj

wymjym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:40 AM   #13

I am glad they will help you and I hope they find what caused that...it just can not be normal to get that much of something in a camera even if you were at the mud bog.

wymjym wrote:
Quote:
my eyes are tearing up (from laughter) that fellow is dirty.

as to my usage:
I also used a FZ20 for 6 months in the same invironment, in the same manner and it had no visible dust/dirt inside the lens. Sort of strange that the extending camera lens of the 20 didn't have the issue my 30 has.
I have been informed by Panasonic that something is awry and they will work with me to resolve the issue.
wj
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:06 PM   #14

I,m Glad you got in contact with Pana and they are working with you. I live in West Texas, and if lenses were not sealed to keep that from happening, no one wouldown a camera here. Some days my camera getsas dirty as your's seems to beon the outside, just walking to the car. I do use a UV filter to protect the outside of my lens, but not the inside.

That said, it does look more like shavings than dust inside your lens. Some of that stuff could not have gotten in around the threads.

Don

d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:13 PM   #15

Wymiym, Glad to hear Panasonic has responded to you. I hope they resolve your problem. Good luck. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote