Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:38 AM   #1

I've testedthe fz5with hoya UV in place >> 55-58 ring >> 58-62(included raynox item) >> the huge 2.2X telecon (but lightweight).

These shots wasdone indoor, took some shots of the shop whos owned this lens. They're very kind to let me test this lens.

So, to avoided blurring and consistency, I used shutter priority set to 1/20 ISO80onall shots, and the shots onlycropped with no resizing.

As I remember, there was novignets started from 5X or 6X, not bad...??? , I need your comments guys, it is still undecided for me, as to buy or not to buy....?, I know that we need more samples, someone else tested them?

sorry for my english..

36mm

Attached Images

dian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:39 AM   #2

432mm

Attached Images

Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:41 AM   #3

432mm + Raynox 2.2X !!, theseare for birds !!!!!!:-):G

Attached Images

Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:35 PM   #4

They do not look very sharp to me. Can't tell ifthe sign has any thing to do with it. If you don't find any other test see if they will let you try again andtakesome shots of the products on the end on the isle. - Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:34 PM   #5

I had the same dilemma recently was looking at the Raynox against the TCON17 for my FZ30. I had a look at some sample shots on here, and to be honest the clarity did not appear to be there with the Raynox, maybe x 2.2 is just too much?

I opted for the TCON17 in the end, which I am happy with.

Chris
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:47 PM   #6

Seedubs wrote:
Quote:
I had the same dilemma recently was looking at the Raynox against the TCON17 for my FZ30. I had a look at some sample shots on here, and to be honest the clarity did not appear to be there with the Raynox, maybe x 2.2 is just too much?

I opted for the TCON17 in the end, which I am happy with.

Chris

I doubt that the lack of sharpness is caused by the lens. Looks more like a focusing or camera shake problem to me. Even the original at wide angle is not sharp. 1/20 second with a big lens attached to a small camera is easily blurred when handheld, even with IS. From all of the other sample shots I have seen, and the ones on the Raynox site are genuine, the DCR2020 is razor sharp. This one was taken with an FZ10: http://raynox.co.jp/actualimage/digi...pro-eagle1.jpg. The FZ5 should not lag behind this potential image quality.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 4:27 PM   #7

When I said a lack of clarity, I was not necessarily referring to the pictures in this thread or their sharpness, I wasnt being specific. What I meant when I said clarity, was on alot of the images I have seen (not on the Raynox site but on here) there appeared to be a bit of purple fringing to the images.

Now I am bit of a newcomer to the world of photography so I am unsure if there is a technical name to it but they just didnt seem clear? Whereas the TCON17, maybe due to less magnification or a better quality lense, appeared crystal clear without the purple haze?

I am not sure if it makes that much of a difference what particular panasonic you stick it on, I expect it does? I must admit the lack of the need for a step up/step down ring also helped sell the TCON17.

Chris
Seedubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 5:09 PM   #8

Check out this linkhttp://tinyurl.com/dn6rg they have pictureswithdifferent lenses including the Raynox DCR2020.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote