Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:13 PM   #11

Nice shot, rduve. Certainly incompatible is too strong. Was this cropped or cloned? I don't have an fz10/15/20, but it's my understanding that there is vignetting with the dcr6600 (which disappears as zoomis applied) and the corners degrade at higher zooms. Use at higher zooms is convenient. How is the fz30 with the dcr6600 and tring at higher zooms? How about posting samples at 3x, 6x and 9x zoom.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:45 PM   #12

There was no cropping or cloning in this image. The DCR6600 has no vignetting at full wide angle on the FZ20. I was using the Raynox 6452 adapter tube. The only time I'd get vignetting was when I had a filter in betweenthe tube and the DCR6600. I didn't try many shots with zoom because what's the point? If you want zoom, take off the WA converter, so I don't know about the soft spots. (Obviously I had it backwards in my previous post. Of course one doesn't get vignetting at higher zoom levels. I edited the posting accordingly.)

I will post some test shots over the weekend with the DCR6600 on my FZ30.

:-)
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:14 PM   #13

rduve wrote:
Quote:
There was no cropping or cloning in this image. The DCR6600 has no vignetting at full wide angle on the FZ20. I was using the Raynox 6452 adapter tube.
Thanks. I stand corrected. If it works with the fz20 it will do as well with the fz15 with the raynox adapter.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote