Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 14, 2006, 2:53 PM   #21

Based on my experience, I think there may be a reliability issue with this camera. I have the FZ-30. I preordered it from Amazon and got it in early September. Took it on a cruise. It died (would not boot) after less than 100 pictures. Sent it in for warranty repair and got it back November 28. 26 pictures later it died again. Back for warranty service. Not back yet. Total days shooting in 4 months of ownership :2.

I don't know if my experience says something about this camera model or ifI got a lemon. I hd the FZ 20 and loved it. Thought the faster speed and manual focus would make this a real winner. Maybe it does, but I haven't had the use of the camera enough to determine if it's so.

Anybody else have any experience with lack of reliability with the Fz 30?

Any more problems and I'm going to be hot and heavy for a replacement from Panasonic.

csaari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 1:28 AM   #22

With my very limited experience of the Panasonic FZ30 (I've only had it a few weeks and am not a professional photographer), I can say that I'm really delighted with it. As far as the "noise" issue is concerned, as I normally do not print larger than 10 X 8 (normally 5 X 7) I have found no problems with it at all (see Steves review of it - it's very complete as all his reviews are!). I submit the following picture (only resized due to the restriction of this site)- it was taken at f2.8, 1/20 sec, ISO 80, spot metering and hand held. No other alterations were made to the picture.

Any (kind!) comments well received - also constructive criticism too!!

Thanks to all - especially Steve for this great site.

Raymond
Attached Images

raykuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:11 AM   #23

csaari wrote:
Quote:
Based on my experience, I think there may be a reliability issue with this camera. I have the FZ-30. I preordered it from Amazon and got it in early September. Took it on a cruise. It died (would not boot) after less than 100 pictures. Sent it in for warranty repair and got it back November 28. 26 pictures later it died again. Back for warranty service. Not back yet. Total days shooting in 4 months of ownership :2.

I don't know if my experience says something about this camera model or ifI got a lemon. I hd the FZ 20 and loved it. Thought the faster speed and manual focus would make this a real winner. Maybe it does, but I haven't had the use of the camera enough to determine if it's so.

Anybody else have any experience with lack of reliability with the Fz 30?

Any more problems and I'm going to be hot and heavy for a replacement from Panasonic.

I think you got a lemon. I have not had similar problems. Nor have I heard this anywhere else in this forum or elsewhere.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 1:12 AM   #24

Nie shot, Raykuk. Yes, IS rules, doesn't it?
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote