Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2005, 6:28 PM   #1

Hi all,

I just found out my son needs a good hi res photo of a Cooper's Hawk for a report that is due tomorrow!! Knowing we have some avid birding people in the groupI first thought of all youexcellent photographers. If anyone would be willing to donate an image we would be happy to list you as the photo credit on his report.:G

Sorry for the very short notice! Hope you can help! Now we are off to search the net for some public images.

Thanks,

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2005, 8:26 PM   #2

Check out the wildlife forum. I bet you'll find what you want there, in spades. Polite to send a PM to the person who posted it, and ask first...my guess. Good luck,

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2005, 11:02 PM   #3

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Check out the wildlife forum. I bet you'll find what you want there, in spades. Polite to send a PM to the person who posted it, and ask first...my guess. Good luck,

Kd
Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about the forum. I get so used to seeing so many fantastic shots in the forum. I did a quick search and found some. Sent the PM, now just hope to hear in time.

Thanks again,

-Brett
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:34 AM   #4

try this one:
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Im...ers_hawk_1.jpg
Sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:04 AM   #5

How about this ,I am not sure if this is a sharp shinned or a coopers but who can tell.
Attached Images

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:25 AM   #6

Thank you both for your help,

Those are great shots. We managed to find a couple shots that he liked yesterday so his report is now completed. The beauty of these birds is just stunning. Once again I am amazed at how well the FZ series lends itself to this type of photography.

The other day I was driving along an off ramp and a redtail dropped out of the sky not 50' away. Seemed to have caught something for dinner. I wish I would have had my FZ with me. Would have been a great opportunity.When the clouds thin out a bit I'll have to go "hunting" myself. See if I can capture something interesting.

-Brett