Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 15, 2005, 6:11 PM   #1

This is one of the first shots I'vetaken with the Ricoh TC 200M... it's been cloudy all day and I just gotthe lens lateyesterday. I think I'm going to like the Ricoh lens.

bejoweth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2005, 8:06 PM   #2

Very nice. Clearly brighter and sharper than your c-160 image. I ordered the Ricoh lens as well. Unfortunately I had also already won an auction for the Olympus c-160 before discovering the Ricoh. So, I'll have them both. $10 down the drain, wth. But at least I figure I can do some comparisons for the forum before returning it to Olympus. I might exchange it for the c-210 for the rare cases that I REALLY need that kind of zoom.
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:45 PM   #3

A1 shot Betty as always
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 9:48 PM   #4

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Very nice. Clearly brighter and sharper than your c-160 image. I ordered the Ricoh lens as well. Unfortunately I had also already won an auction for the Olympus c-160 before discovering the Ricoh. So, I'll have them both. $10 down the drain, wth. But at least I figure I can do some comparisons for the forum before returning it to Olympus. I might exchange it for the c-210 for the rare cases that I REALLY need that kind of zoom.
Rainer I have not seen good reports on the Olympus C-XXX Tcons

this site has updates on TCONS for FZ30 have a look id does not include th C-XXX Tcons

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/

John

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:04 PM   #5

Thats a great photo
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:10 PM   #6

Congratulations on getting the Ricoh, Betty! It's anexcellent light weight 1.5x and loves that Leica glass.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 10:14 PM   #7

Beautifullydetailedimage and color. You definitely have an exceptional talent for photographing these birds, cause they don't stand still for too long.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:07 PM   #8

Beautiful shot Betty! Very clear and sharp image. Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:34 PM   #9

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Rainer I have not seen good reports on the Olympus C-XXX Tcons

this site has updates on TCONS for FZ30 have a look id does not include th C-XXX Tcons

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/

John

I know. I read those bad reviewsafter ordering the c-160. That's when I discovered the Ricoh and ordered it, too. So. I'll have them both in a couple of days. Total cost: $25. I am only thinking of exchanging the c-160 for the c-180 or c-210 because I don't think I can get a refund and I already got the 1.5x factor covered by the Ricoh.I understand that they are not great lenses. Maybe I'll just resell it instead.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 11:35 PM   #10

ok, I just realized I am an idiot. I received today a flat envelope with a tiny piece of paper which is the manual for the Ricoh TC 200M. After looking at the auction again, I saw that that's actually what I ordered for $13.50 plus shipping. Darn! I could kick myself. Hopefully I can send it back because I have no use for it. Does anyone know where I can get the actual lens for a decent price?